Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Modding the Wrestler profession  (Read 475 times)

Shadow

Modding the Wrestler profession
« on: March 03, 2009, 10:59:18 pm »

I'm not trying to alter wrestling itself, but rather the conditions in which a dwarf would get the 'Wrestler' title. I normally train most of my soldiers up to a very high level of wrestling before moving onto particular weapons training. As a result, given I'm using graphics (Sphr's, awesome set), soldiers look like wrestlers for most of their total training. I tend to let melee fighters train wrestling till Legendary level, so they never look like their intended weapon profession (always wrestler, and hardly ever axedrarf, speardwarf, macedwarf, etc.) before becoming champions.

So what I'd like to do is have soldiers only keep the Wrestler/Elite Wrestler title if they have the wrestling skill (the default way, I think they stop being recruits after hitting Novice or Normal) but no weapons skills equal to or above Normal level.

Can that be done or are these conditions hard-coded?

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
Re: Modding the Wrestler profession
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 11:08:38 pm »

That is hardcoded unfortunately.
I think it's a vastly amusing thought that elephants are so afraid of heights that when Dwarves invented the Z-axis, they couldn't bear to face dwarves in combat anymore.