Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Island of Dr. Brain---HELP!  (Read 2738 times)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Island of Dr. Brain---HELP!
« on: February 28, 2009, 03:11:04 pm »

I have the Sierra Originals! CD called Island of Dr. Brain, but I need to beat the first puzzle, the Copy Protection System.

I need to land my guy in the exact right spot on the Island. If I do not, the guy goes splat. The only way to solve this puzzle is to...look in the manual. Which I do not have.

Before you scream at me, note that I have the CD. Also note that I hate piracy at all, and piracy is immoral, etc. I just don't have the manual despite being the legit owner. So I am not looking to crack this CD, I am looking for the coordinates needed so that I can beat the puzzle. Please help.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Island of Dr. Brain---HELP!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 03:16:01 pm »

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 03:16:58 pm »

Thanks Virtz!

The Law Is Protected Once Again!
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 03:17:27 pm »

Dang I know how you feel... There are quite a few games I own that I cannot play because of those darned CD protections... including my Diablo 2 (because I lost the CD-key)

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 03:50:40 pm »

Dang I know how you feel... There are quite a few games I own that I cannot play because of those darned CD protections... including my Diablo 2 (because I lost the CD-key)
This should be manageable, probably not if you want to play in the closed battle.net, but generally, this is doable. IIRC a friend of mine installed one copy in his lan, on several computers, and just to be sure he used several CD keys, only one of them was the original.