Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: TES V: What should it not do?  (Read 8783 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: TES V: What should it not do?
« Reply #105 on: March 13, 2009, 03:38:33 am »

?????maybe pickpocketing food into them could work

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 13, 2009, 04:43:57 am »

?????maybe pickpocketing food into them could work
In relation to what?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Spiral42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 13, 2009, 07:25:59 am »

Here's somthing; give us the ability to:
-A: Teach our "guard-ee" NPCs that low-level healing spell.
-B: Pour one of our 130 Strong Restore Health Potions down their throats.
-C: Tell them "If something attacks you, run and hide behind me, instead of trying to punch it to death, peasant.

One thing I love about the modding community (especially for Bethesda games) is the way they prove that things like this could've been done so easily - take TalkieToaster's infamous companion share & recruit mod: http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=OblivionMods.Detail&id=38100&id=543 I consider it essential.
Add me on Steam: ColdSpiral

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 13, 2009, 07:27:50 am »

On the subject of mods, I encourage getting the one that replaces the grass models with models that have much simpler geometry. You can't tell the difference thanks to how many of the things are placed, and it will speed up your game like...

Screw it. I'm too tired to make up a suitable simile for this.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #109 on: March 13, 2009, 10:51:35 am »

About multiplayer; this is wishing, not outright fantasizing. You all know full well what Bethesda has always said about multiplayer, and it's only slightly less strict than Toady One's decree.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 13, 2009, 02:05:34 pm »

I loved the grass in Oblivion. It just looked gorgeous. But yes, Grass->Off.

I liked hacking the draw distance, can't remember if that was for Oblivion or Morrowind. But shooting an arrow at a mudcrab that's like 1 mile away (and compensating for the arc) is awesome.

The leveling/skill system in all the TES games are IMO better than a simple level-up = distribute points system. I hate those things. But the way it was implemented was very poor. The way you had to min-max or otherwise you'd get crummy stats in the high levels was very annoying (you had to be careful not to increase skills you didn't want affecting your stat gain  ::)) I'm sure there's a better way to manage it. In fact I just plain hate levels in RPGs.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 13, 2009, 02:22:43 pm »

There is a modification where you get a stat increase for every number of level ups in it's relevant skills, thus you can do whatever you want and you will get the increases.But yes, Oblivion has it a bit easier to level up than Morrowind. I remember savoring level ups in Morrowind and I could sleep at any time for a quicksave. Oblivion has me avoiding sleeping because I'll level too quickly.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 13, 2009, 02:33:38 pm »

If you don't care to be borderline cheating, there's a mod that gives you 10 in whatever skills you pick at level up no matter what skills you raised.

Heh. When I had to play Oblivion on my laptop, it could barely handle Oldblivion. I had a routine where I would turn off grass, leaves, and a few other things as soon as the game started. I remember the game crashing every time I used an unlock spell, when certain enemies used certain magic around me, or often whenever I went into the center of the Arcane University.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 03:06:15 pm by Mephisto »

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 13, 2009, 08:39:01 pm »

I just think that the game should not reward getting yourself in a corner, toggling sneak, pressing q, and walking away for fifteen minutes.
!!&!!

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 14, 2009, 10:04:39 am »

funny, I can think of a popular roguelike that does that...

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 14, 2009, 08:07:21 pm »

At least in Dwarf Fortress, it's tedious and doesn't grantee not getting owned.
!!&!!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]