Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Alcoholic elephants  (Read 1396 times)

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
Alcoholic elephants
« on: February 16, 2009, 07:35:30 pm »

Hey I just read this:

http://www.cracked.com/article_17032_7-species-that-get-high-more-than-we-do.html

apparently elephants like to get drunk. wouldn't it be fun if elephants try to invade your fortress and steal your booze? keeping pet elephants is a good defense but damn if they get into the food storage ...
Urist DwarfBeard has been unhappy lately. His booze was stolen by an elephant lately.

it becomes even more funny when you read that elephants are mean drunks. i kind of question the validity of this article but i definitely think it'd be fun?

Stray Elephant (tame) has been enraged!
Stray Elephant (tame) has entered a drunken trance!
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

mickel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Alcoholic elephants
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 08:33:59 pm »

I know moose are mean drunks. A friend of mine had his house come under attack by an enraged, drunken, rutting bull moose who somehow got it in his head that the house was a rival bull.

The situation was resolved with a sharp uppercut to the chin of the moose who promptly went to sleep. Real men hunt with their fists. :)
I>What happens in Nefekvucar stays in Nefekvucar.

DennyTom

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Urist!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 08:49:58 pm »

Look at youtube or some other video streaming site. I remember seeing scene from some documentary where elephants, monkeys, giraphes (or what is name of that long necked horse) and some other animals ate rotting fruit from some tree. Because of lots of suggar in it, it became alcoholic. Best part was seeing monkeys trying to go back home.
It is so much easier to measure life in experience points...

Nesoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 09:06:55 pm »

I saw a show where monkeys hung out near a beach so they could go steal drinks from the people who were swimming ;D
000508 □ [dwarf mode][flows] flooding over a full pond will kill the fish inside

ArkDelgato

• Bay Watcher
  • ERROR - LOGICAL FALLACY
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 09:30:27 pm »

I know moose are mean drunks. A friend of mine had his house come under attack by an enraged, drunken, rutting bull moose who somehow got it in his head that the house was a rival bull.

The situation was resolved with a sharp uppercut to the chin of the moose who promptly went to sleep. Real men hunt with their fists. :)
Did your friend dwarvenly beat the moose to a pulp with his bare hands and butcher it?

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 09:43:51 pm »

Personally, I'd like it if animals did anything other than run away panicked when they saw a dwarf.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 11:19:55 pm »

Isn't this what the CURIOUSBEAST_GUZZLER tag does?

e: yeah, looks like it.  Gnomes, bears, giants and ettins have it by default.  It might only operate in worldgen though.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 11:22:37 pm by Footkerchief »

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 12:38:31 am »

I remember this used to be an glitch.

FoboslC

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 06:22:01 am »

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_history4.shtml
Elephant on druuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugs
*drums playing*

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2009, 02:16:28 pm »

Isn't this what the CURIOUSBEAST_GUZZLER tag does?

e: yeah, looks like it.  Gnomes, bears, giants and ettins have it by default.  It might only operate in worldgen though.

Correct, but it's bugged/not working I think. [..at least these creatures never tried to steal booze in my fortresses.]

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2009, 02:40:20 pm »

I've seen a message of a black bear stealing some drinks I bought from the humans once

Should have captured and bred them without taming. Alcoholic bears make for a dwarfy defense

mickel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2009, 03:18:28 pm »

Did your friend dwarvenly beat the moose to a pulp with his bare hands and butcher it?

No, no. He didn't have a permit. They just carted the unconscious moose off into the woods and left him there to sleep it off.  :)
I>What happens in Nefekvucar stays in Nefekvucar.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2009, 01:44:18 am »

No, no. He didn't have a permit. They just carted the unconscious moose off into the woods and left him there to sleep it off.  :)

...how?

Porpoisepower

• Bay Watcher
  • For Surely he is the Cuisinart Hat Rack
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2009, 05:42:40 pm »

Koala's are also big addicts.

Eucalyptus contains THC.

All Koala's eat is this stuff, and because of that they get the munchies, and eat more.

Which is why their so glassy eyed all the time.
That's what DF needs, The gutbuster brigade.  Screw that elf and his cat. Thibbledorf Pwent is the real hero.