Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: building glass on glass  (Read 488 times)

Ruttiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://https://server2.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/s/p1/
building glass on glass
« on: February 19, 2009, 11:08:26 am »

I've built a greenhouse in my current fort, and then later built another level of the fort around it.  I want to build another floor to it (in fact, as the fort expands up I intend to keep expanding it too), but it won't let me build glass walls on top of other glass walls/floors.  It says there's already a construction there. 

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: building glass on glass
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 11:10:46 am »

Things in the (b)uild (C)onstruction list cannot be built on top of eachother, but they will support eachother. So if you have a floor in the way of a wall, remove the floor and make walls in the open space. Note that walls create floors above them that do not block other constructions.

Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Coaldiamond

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 02:12:06 pm »

Hey Ruttiger,

Another way to put is "You can construct walls on top of each other. Creatures can walk along the top of a wall after it is constructed. You do not need to construct a floor on top of a built wall"

Leissi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 04:57:13 pm »

yo dawg so I heard yo like glass so we put glass on yo glass so yo can floor on yo floor
Quote from: #bay12games
<Skibiliano> I can just imagine a line of dwarves looking at two humans, "Breed!"

<Turgid> One dwarf to rule them all, one dwarf to find them, one dwarf to bring them all, and in the fortress bind them!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 07:58:45 pm »

yo dawg so I heard yo like glass so we put glass on yo glass so yo can floor on yo floor

Because I can.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 12:21:38 am by Duke 2.0 »
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO