Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Reclaiming, and event flags  (Read 650 times)

Fensfield

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Reclaiming, and event flags
« on: February 18, 2009, 03:50:34 pm »

Simple question, really.  If I reclaim a fortress, on a map where I discovered a bottomless pit and a cave river, would the cave spider/silk and tower cap/underground flora flags still be activated, or would the map no longer generate these things after I reclaim?

S'just, I seem to have triggered a glitch that's jammed the merchants on my map, and might lead to the starvation of all my dwarves >.>;  And the whole point of this fortress involves cave flora ( Orbglades - you figure it out ).
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 03:58:28 pm by Fensfield »

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Reclaiming, and event flags
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 04:17:26 pm »

Caps should grow btw.

Fensfield

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 04:20:37 pm »

Pardon?  Was that a 'yes, the cave flora flag should remain active if you reclaim, so you'll still get tower caps next time' or... what? ^^;
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 04:29:18 pm by Fensfield »

Refar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 05:35:41 pm »

I know, that Magma Buildings are not triggered buildable on Reclaim, because the magma is visible from the start, so there is no "Discovered Magma" event. So i guess there will be no "Uderground River Found" either, and probably no Tower caps.
Today on Home Improvement TV:
Urist Twolefthand, Dabbling Mechanic, assembles a 10x Crossbow weapon trap.

Fensfield

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 06:08:00 pm »

Ooooh dear... x.x

Well, thanks then - although it's curious that magma buildings are available with volcanoes on first embarkation, since those are always visible from start bar freezing (right?).

Still, the stuck merchants have yet to go mad...

Fensfield

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 07:50:33 pm »

They all died due to a freezing incident >.>

And there's no way of forcibly re-triggering these things?  Including small cheats like memory hacks or suchlike?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 08:00:16 pm by Fensfield »

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 07:53:34 pm »

I know, that Magma Buildings are not triggered buildable on Reclaim, because the magma is visible from the start, so there is no "Discovered Magma" event. So i guess there will be no "Uderground River Found" either, and probably no Tower caps.
WRONG!
If magma is visible on embark, you get no message, but you can make magma forges.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Fensfield

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 07:59:52 pm »

Eh?  So then, it's Not clear that I won't have my tower caps, underground fauna, and cave spiders, if I reclaim?  I might still get them? o.o;

Because I'm going to have to.  Something glitched in the merchants and they haven't left for two years, nor others come.  As such, no liaison, and no immigrants, so... not to mention my two surviving dwarves are as good as dead, too.

Refar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 08:09:44 pm »

The guy shouting "wrong" probably did not read or did not get, that the thread is about reclaiming. Or whatever;

I myself can only repeat\refrase what i said before:
You can't build magma stuff on reclaim, if magma was discovered before; Never actually tried \ paid attention to what happen to underground fauna; But by analogy to magma i guess it wont work either.

But since you are going to have to reclaim anyway, we will soon know for sure ;)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 08:12:10 pm by Refar »

Fensfield

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 08:15:54 pm »

True, true... I'll post answer when I know.

Reclaiming now ( having made a final lever link to a temporary farming point )

Fensfield

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 08:26:38 pm »

Well, I don't know if it's because I floored them off when I first found them...

But the Chasm is un-discovered, as is the cave river.  No idea if rediscovery will trigger underground flora, etc, but I have high hopes.  The already exposed volcano is not allowing magma buildings though.. but I think there's a utility to fix that?

EDIT: Well, digging down to the features a second time caused them to appear on the map.  And, in the case of the underground river, the screen jumped to it.  However, neither flashed up a message window.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 06:30:10 am by Fensfield »

Refar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2009, 04:12:07 pm »

There are tools on the Wiki (http://www.dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Utilities), it was some time ago, but i seem to remember, that Gibbed's tweak worked for me once.

Let us know, if Cave Spiders and Tower Cups show up, once you know :)