Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Secretive Dwarf not taking items  (Read 873 times)

Gand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Secretive Dwarf not taking items
« on: February 15, 2009, 04:42:06 am »

In my current Fortress I have a Metaldwarf who recently went into a secretive mood and sketched the following needs:

Wood (have 22)
Stone Blocks (have 12)
Cut Gems (have 40 ish)
Stacked Cloth (have loads)
Stacked Leather (have loads, both plant thread and silk)
Shells (have 9)

When he entered his mood he went and collected some items but then started acting as if he was missing some. After checking the stocks I discovered I have all the items he requires and in good numbers but he still wont move.

I've checked the goods all accessible, I manually found them in local stockpiles and checked all the doors were unlocked, it all seems fine.

I'm not sure what the problem is and his time is running out, so any advice would be appreciated.  :-\

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
Re: Secretive Dwarf not taking items
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 05:05:30 am »

Do you have rough gems? They generally prefer rough to cut/
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 05:11:20 am »

't' over the building to see what items he's collected. Since moody dwarves collect items in order, you can see what he's hung up on from what in the list he hasn't collected.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Gand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 05:22:02 am »

Thanks for the 't' tip, makes me feel a right newb, although using that i've discovered he accepted the cut gems.

I had a look at the items and he's taken everything except cloth items, but I have loads of the stuff of both thread and silk, is there annother type of cloth he'd be after?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 05:37:47 am »

Plant fiber cloth, from pig tails or rope reed.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Gand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2009, 09:45:11 am »

I've tried plant fibres but he still refuses. I also recently bought the other Cloth variaties from a Trade caravan but still no dice.

I'm getting ready to bolt the door... :'(

Ametsala

• Bay Watcher
  • "needs chocolate to get through the working day"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2009, 12:13:05 pm »

Have you got any dyed/undyed cloth? That's the only thing I could think of..

Ugoff007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2009, 12:17:47 pm »

Do you have silk cloth?  Or just plant?  I've had moody dwarves require silk cloth before.  Plenty of plant, but they never budged :[

Gand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2009, 12:41:04 pm »

I've tried both Dyed and undyed, no dice
I think the only possiblity is the plant/silk cloth theory, but I had spider silk cloth and he refused that and my main Fortress industry is plant fibre cloth...

Maybe it's a bug? Either way i've kept the save for further investigation

note: As of 5:14 GMT my Dwarf went Beserk and was swiftly put down by a Hammerdwarf, he will get no funeral and will join the Goblin refuse pile, may his name never be uttered again... :'(

Gand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2009, 11:36:06 am »

Just a quick update to say I found out why my Dwarf died. It turns out that Ugoff007's theory was correct and it was a lack of Silk cloth. I though I had a fair quantity but after looking at my stores I only had Spider silk finished goods rather than the thread or cloth..... :-[

Looks like I still have a bit to learn about the clothing industry, and sorry to those who's time I wasted over this.

PS: My Dead Dwarf was offically pardoned and recycled as Bone Bolts.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2009, 01:34:47 pm »

Just a quick update to say I found out why my Dwarf died. It turns out that Ugoff007's theory was correct and it was a lack of Silk cloth. I though I had a fair quantity but after looking at my stores I only had Spider silk finished goods rather than the thread or cloth..... :-[

Looks like I still have a bit to learn about the clothing industry, and sorry to those who's time I wasted over this.

PS: My Dead Dwarf was offically pardoned and recycled as Bone Bolts.

how did you get them to  make his bones into bolts?