Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My first megabeast... Titan instantly becomes unconscious.  (Read 839 times)

Ugoff007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
My first megabeast... Titan instantly becomes unconscious.
« on: February 15, 2009, 12:05:05 pm »

*edit*whoops, forgot picture */edit*

So, the first mega beast I've ever seen in DF (this is my first fortress, but the longest I've ever played - 11 years and I'm still going strong), a Titan, has arrived.  He takes one step and promptly falls unconscious.  It wasnt me, as my military is scrambling to arrive and all my normal dwarves are running their short hineys off back to the relative safety of the underground fortress.

By the way, those limbs being greyed out like that means that they're tired, right?  Oh, and is there any way to see the rest of his title?  I'm dying to know what comes after the Old part of his name.

Incase anyone else is wondering what all those constructions are doing there at the edge of the map, I was reading the forums last night and read about someone's idea of capturing 9+ sieges and releasing them all at once - thought it sounded hilarious so I'm going to do it.  That, and I'm sick of babysnatchers literally raping my FPS.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 12:06:51 pm by Ugoff007 »

Ametsala

• Bay Watcher
  • "needs chocolate to get through the working day"
    • View Profile
Re: My first megabeast... Titan instantly becomes unconscious.
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 12:09:24 pm »

By the way, those limbs being greyed out like that means that they're tired, right?  Oh, and is there any way to see the rest of his title?  I'm dying to know what comes after the Old part of his name.

Those limbs seem to be the darker grey that means they're cut off (http://www.dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Wound).. As for the name, did you try pressing 'tab' a couple times?

Ugoff007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 12:11:13 pm »

Aha, I had no idea about the tab thing - thanks a ton.  Didn't know about the three shades of grey either.  That explains a lot.  I thought for the longest time that my dwarves had amazing powers of regeneration.

DennyTom

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Urist!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 12:25:21 pm »

I remember someone who experienced this with dragon.

Your titan must have been hurt in some previous battles.
It is so much easier to measure life in experience points...

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 01:55:51 pm »

The the other day my fortress was attacked by a dragon!  :o

The dragon was missing both eyes, her tail, and her left front leg. She was beaten to death by a fisherdwarf.  ::)

DennyTom

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Urist!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2009, 02:02:56 pm »

What is name of your world? Domain of crippled beasts?
It is so much easier to measure life in experience points...

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2009, 08:05:17 pm »

Yeah, megabeasts seem to get pretty beat up during world gen now. It's one of the goals of the next version to enable them to still have killing power.
BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2009, 02:15:30 pm »

Yeah, megabeasts seem to get pretty beat up during world gen now. It's one of the goals of the next version to enable them to still have killing power.

I've had a  lot of success with my megabeasts by increasing the size of every megabeast by x10. So titans, dragons, etc are size 200.

They die at a pretty reasonable rate in worldgen now.  Maybe 1 every 50 years or so.  Some of them rack up quite a few kills, too.  Still waiting for one to arrive at my fortress.