Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: cigars and pipes  (Read 2209 times)

Foa

• Bay Watcher
  • And I thought foxfire was stylish in winter.
    • View Profile
Re: cigars and pipes
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2009, 03:17:01 am »

If anything to increase the happiness factor of dwarfs.

Also, artifact pipes!  If smoked they just make the dwarf trip ultra balls.

Well, I don't have any problem with hallucinogens and/or recreational drugs in the game, but I think it's a question of abilities/properties, with an artifact pipe.

And tobacco, and tobacco smoking, has a long-and reasonably romantic-history. Sure, we know it'll kill ya now, that's undeniable, but back in the day it had a lot of depth which could be drawn from to add to the game. 

Besides, I'm pretty confident that dwarf lungs work more efficiently (and are filtered much better) than human lungs.

And tobacco can be replaced, and easily enough, with a fantasy substitute that lacks negative connotations we'd rather not see in the game.
It turns out that the real life tobacco stuffs are stuffed with many poison, and now soon to be addictive drugs, so therefore it is way healthier to have homemade tobacco.

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware those who would keep knowledge from you.
    • View Profile
Re: cigars and pipes
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2009, 05:23:27 am »

It's also my understanding that growing tobacco sucks a lot of the nutrients out of the soil, so that maybe when it's put into the game, growing a field of "pipe weed" might require a lot of fertilizer and extra care.
For they would be your masters.
Pages: 1 [2]