Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: LEGO mod - v.1.07 (new civs partially fixed); now with simple graphics!  (Read 12973 times)

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: LEGO mod (has nothing to do with the Legoland thread-except the word Lego)
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2008, 08:02:16 am »

That was just so they could fly.  And sure, go ahead.  I'll also make a suggestion:  split the matoran civs into different factions based on the different groups in the story.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2008, 08:49:23 pm »

Pardon my ignorance, but this is my first mod and i'm not sure how to install it. Should i just put the new files in the apropriate directories? do i need to remove the originals?

EDIT: Nevermind, i just copied it into data/raw. works fine.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 09:31:56 pm by SolarShado »
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2008, 10:10:49 pm »

I just re-generated the pre-genned world using the same seed.  I had been playing with a few non-LEGO related reactions when I made that, so y'all wouldn't be able to play the old world without figuring out what they were.  I also fixed a few things with the mod itself.  Ussal Crabs now have chitin instead of leather, mostly.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 11:00:43 pm by LegoLord »
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: LEGO mod
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2009, 09:07:41 pm »

I just experimented with turning all the minifigure creatures into vermin.  It didn't work, unfortunately, which means I don't have a good way of putting in Vacuum Cleaners (I was going to make them non-breeding cats, but LEGO creatures are not vermin).

So I undid the changes and toned down the ridiculously high damage blocks for the new creatures.  They shouldn't be so difficult anymore.  But don't let your guard down just yet  ;D .  I also added in minifigure chimpanzees and made it so that Ussal Crabs show up in some of the, ah, more watery hidden fun stuff (not the fortress killer HFS, mind).
Just so I remember

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: LEGO mod
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2009, 08:35:54 pm »

I've been fiddling with various things in order to improve the mod.  As soon as I figure out something to do with plastic grain (ideas?), I'll post the next version of this mod.

Also, I'm running a community fort with this and a few other minor mods (see "The Axe of Authority").  Reading it might help to get familiarized with the mod's additions.

Oh boy.  Triple post.  Tch, tch, tch.  I should be ashamed.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 05:43:57 pm by LegoLord »
Just so I remember

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: LEGO mod - v.1.07 (new civs partially fixed)
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2009, 11:25:40 pm »

Okay, updated.  Now when playing as dwarves you can trade with any of the races; if you play as matoran or makuta, you can trade with anything but dwarves.  Razor crystals must now be processed into blades at the smelter before you can make swords with them.  Small gems require fuel for this, but large gems do not.
Just so I remember

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: LEGO mod - v.1.07 (new civs partially fixed); now with poor graphics!
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2009, 10:04:36 am »

Update!  I just made some simple graphics.  You know how dwarves show up as smiles in the game?  This pretty much provides matoran and makuta versions of that without altering the look of the dwarves.  I'd like to know what y'all think.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 02:10:55 pm by LegoLord »
Just so I remember

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: LEGO mod - v.1.07 (new civs partially fixed); now with simple graphics!
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2009, 09:07:34 pm »

Okay . . . so I think I made protosteel too hard to make, and some of the megabeasts might be a little overpowered.  I noticed the Tahtorak seems to be far more common than it should be (I got seven or six in one world).  Opinions?
Just so I remember
Pages: 1 [2]