Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Some newby questions  (Read 356 times)

folgora

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Some newby questions
« on: February 15, 2009, 04:12:39 pm »

First off i folowed some tutorial on dwarf wiki and there it has sayed that i need to get beds and buckets for dwarfs to heal.
But after i got some buckets made i dont know how to build them they are not in the b menu where the door and beds are.

And the next thing i got a farm going but after a while i got the massage that i dont got anymore Plumpet seeds, but i read that after planting the Plumpets you get seeds after you store them so where are the seeds?!!?!

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
Re: Some newby questions
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 04:18:39 pm »

Welcome aboard!

The bucket issue is easy actually. You don't build the buckets at all. They just lie around at your fortress (if you have a furniture stockpile they will be there, otherwise at the last location needed). When a dwarf gets wounded and needs water, a dwarf with healthcare will pick up the nearest bucket, go to a water source, fill the bucket with water and bring it to the dwarf. You don't need to do anything except for making the buckets in the carpenter shop and make sure that there is an empty bucket available at all times. After used for health care, a bucket will be empty and ready to use again.

As for farming, that message sometimes shows up, but you can ignore it. The cycle is as follows:
* You plant seeds
* Plants grow and are harvested
* Plants are either eaten raw, brewed into alcohol, milled or processed in a workshop - any of these will create new seeds of that plant which you can then plant

Cooking a plant will not yield any seeds, so you need to be careful not to cook away all your plants. If you feel nervous about that, in the status screen ('z'), there is a kitchen setting where you can tell the dwarves not to cook or brew certain plants/food items.

I hope this is the information you are looking for.

Deathworks

folgora

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Some newby questions
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 04:59:28 pm »

yea thx a lot and thx again for the quick reply!