Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: About the king  (Read 619 times)

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
About the king
« on: February 15, 2009, 08:52:25 am »

Dont read this if you dont know about adamantine as it may spoil youre game experience

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

When i struck the pelicular chamber i got stormed by dwarves elves and humans stricken by melancholy. what can i do about these? as they are running from the pit and into my fortress
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 09:06:37 am by Phazer »
Dragon: My plan is foolproof! Those foolish dwarves cannot resist walking near lava! If I hop in, then they won't know what hit them! I'll just- AH! OH GOD! I WASTED MY LIFE!

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
Re: About the king
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 09:38:06 am »

king comes in next immigation wave, from memory. if you dont have a tax collector or other related nobles, he brings them. you get "the king has arrived dressed as a peasant!". sometimes your king is a queen.

also, you have to recruit dwarves into the royal guard in the same way as you would the military or fortress guard. royal guard option appears when you satisfy certain requirements ive never bothered paying attention too, but i think you get it when the duke/duchess appears.

since you have forewarning, try and get some royal quarters for the king ready. check his demands out on the wiki, he needs a lot of stuff, and between him arriving and you getting it all ready he can actually loose his marbles due to his lessers pretentios living/dining/burial arrangements.

royal guard will hang around and spar, but apart from that do very little. they will occasionally try and rush to assist a noble that is being attacked in some way. they can also help out if your fort is getting seriously violated by invaders. normally i retire spine or neck injuries into the fortress guard and make them crossbowmen, as military dwarves with those injuries will never spar, and thus never get good at close combat.

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
Re: About the king
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 09:52:40 am »

Thanks for the info.

Dragon: My plan is foolproof! Those foolish dwarves cannot resist walking near lava! If I hop in, then they won't know what hit them! I'll just- AH! OH GOD! I WASTED MY LIFE!