Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Glacies has no idea what the hell he is doing!  (Read 1313 times)

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Glacies has no idea what the hell he is doing!
« on: February 05, 2009, 12:45:52 pm »

So why don't we help him find out why Wilbur's(?) pansy high elves won't use Deon's nippon weapons! Then if that gets worked out, it's on to broken demonspawn!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
Re: Glacies has no idea what the hell he is doing!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 01:46:52 pm »

It looks formatted right. Did you put them in the vanilla raws, or did you put them in new files?

If you put them in the vanilla raws, try clearing data\objects.

If you put them in new raws, did you format the beginning of the files right?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 01:53:18 pm by Vucar Fikodastesh »
I think it's a vastly amusing thought that elephants are so afraid of heights that when Dwarves invented the Z-axis, they couldn't bear to face dwarves in combat anymore.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 01:57:47 pm »

Oh, uhm. Yes, some of them are in new files.

EDIT: Okay, uhm. I deleted data/objects, and that didn't help. So I took all the nippon stuff and put the weapons in the weapon file, and the clothing in the appropriate armor files. Now it works, except they all wear nothing but rope-reed and steel. Also they always wear a robe in addition to whatever else. So, uh, how do I change what metal they use? And how can I stop them from wearing those ordinary robes?
EDIT: Well leaving robes in there wouldn't have elped', would it?
EDIT EDIT: The demonspawn and the centaurs appear to work fine too. However, they all use steel. Argh. I want them all to use iron...how would I do this?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 05:15:14 pm by Glacies »

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 05:28:31 pm »

Try removing any [METAL_PREF] symbols. I'm pretty sure you're using them wrong, since last I knew it meant the entity used more metal, of all kinds, and could use the more powerful metals. Probably that means all non-deep metals with more than 100 BLOCK/DAMAGE.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 05:49:13 pm »

Okay. Metal pref is gone and now everything is dandy. Now I just need to set the Centuars to live in forest retreats and then I can move on to the other mod races.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 10:23:46 pm »

Try removing any [METAL_PREF] symbols. I'm pretty sure you're using them wrong, since last I knew it meant the entity used more metal, of all kinds, and could use the more powerful metals. Probably that means all non-deep metals with more than 100 BLOCK/DAMAGE.

[METAL_PREF] currently means that a race will use the strongest non-deep metal that exists, even if it is an modded in one.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Old-Man-Gator

• Bay Watcher
  • Pickled Prawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 12:42:38 am »

It seems my Orge civ has a similar problem.

I am sorting out some primitive gear and what not for the lesser races of the mainstream DF setting as a pilot of sorts to future projects.

They ogres can make stuff, but they never wear it on embark.