Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Taste of plump helmets?  (Read 4187 times)

Orange Drink

Re: Taste of plump helmets?
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2009, 05:08:31 am »

I imagine them to taste like slightly sweet,slightly smoky, but otherwise tasteless eggplants, or mabye beetroot, because my brother insists that they are not mushrooms, and think they are like beets. probably from their purple colour.
Dwarven wheat is just normal wheat, it's just coloured very off-white. and tastes like granite.
Sweet pods are like coconuts, but buried underground.
Pig tails are simple curly stalks, just like real pug tails. funny how dwarves know what shape a pig's tail is, but have never known what a pig is?

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2009, 05:54:59 pm »

I always imagined them as tasting like mushrooms (whatever the kind you buy in cans in the store) with a very subtle grape flavor to them.

Probably because when I think of wine I think of grape wine and plump helmets make wine when you brew them. I realize you can make wine out of other things then grapes, however thats the first thing I think of.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

McGibs

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2009, 03:31:30 pm »

I imagine plump helmets resemble purplish portobello mushrooms with a flavor like shiitake but not as strong. Dwarven wine made from plumps would lose the purple color from fermentation, take on a clear amber color and would essentially be a kind of sweet whiskey by human standards.

Sweet pods would be just oversized green peas.
And kobold bulbs would be a kind of potato.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 03:37:33 pm by McGibs »

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware those who would keep knowledge from you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2009, 05:15:08 pm »

As far as plump helmet fermentation goes, I think the plump helmets are roasted first, and then fermented, and the end-product tastes something like slightly sweet coffee, but smokier, and less bitter.
For they would be your masters.
Pages: 1 2 [3]