Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Empty entries in item lists?  (Read 844 times)

Leissi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Empty entries in item lists?
« on: February 28, 2009, 03:37:05 am »

So yeah, I got these empty entries in my item lists, does anyone have any idea what typo/missing line causes 'em in the raws?

I think this is related to legendary lands or civforge, at least partially since I'm using the merged version of 'em I made :P

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/6280/wat.png

image related.
Quote from: #bay12games
<Skibiliano> I can just imagine a line of dwarves looking at two humans, "Breed!"

<Turgid> One dwarf to rule them all, one dwarf to find them, one dwarf to bring them all, and in the fortress bind them!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Empty entries in item lists?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 12:35:12 pm »

This probably means that there are creatures out there that have extracts that are purchasable, but are lacking the tag that names the extracts. This means that the game will give you a spot to request them, but without a name it will just not fill it with anything, leaving it blank.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Leissi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 02:27:43 pm »

oh.

well, would you or anyone happen to know what to look for in raws?
<Skibiliano> I can just imagine a line of dwarves looking at two humans, "Breed!"

<Turgid> One dwarf to rule them all, one dwarf to find them, one dwarf to bring them all, and in the fortress bind them!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 03:34:49 pm »

go threw all the animals and in some of them, for example purring maggots, you will find the [EXTRACT] tags, Find one that is something along the lines of [EXTRACT_NAME:xxx:xxx] and put something where the xxx's are.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 08:27:56 pm »

Find one that is something along the lines of [EXTRACT_NAME:xxx:xxx] and put something where the xxx's are.
Or, as the case may be, where it lacks that tag altogether.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Leissi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 04:18:51 am »

Find one that is something along the lines of [EXTRACT_NAME:xxx:xxx] and put something where the xxx's are.
Or, as the case may be, where it lacks that tag altogether.
eh, this might be a bit of a long shot, but what if I add [EXTRACT_NAME:xxx:xxx] to every creature? I mean would the game crash hard if I do that or would it just ignore extracts unavailable to my biome(s)?

I dunno if you understand what I'm going for here.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2009, 10:27:21 am »

Just open the text document and do ctrl+F or whatever your find thing is and search for EXTRACT. Whenever you find a creature with a token that contains the word EXTRACT, make sure that that creature has the tag [EXTRACT:name:?:?:?] on them somewhere.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.