Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: siege AI  (Read 774 times)

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
siege AI
« on: January 25, 2009, 08:25:29 pm »

Hey DFers

I'm having trouble with some modded-in races and their siege AI. I've removed the [CAN_SPEAK] tag from most of them and also goblins to make them more aggressive, which is certainly working- they siege constantly. However, only the goblins actually storm my fort. The rest spawn on the map and then mill around until something comes in range. I can't find any variation in the RAWs which could be causing this, but I can post them up if necessary.

What gives?

Erom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: siege AI
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 09:35:43 pm »

I think it has to do with the [SEIGER] tag? Humans at least show this behavior by default - they mill around campfires, sometimes for several seasons, before attempting to storm the fort. I think the point is to be more like a seige and less like a raid. Try either removing or adding the SEIGER tag and trying again - the race should still attack regardless of it's presence.

NewMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • I would rather have Asimov be right.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 05:07:04 am »

Humans attempt to starve you out, since dwarven farms are inside this tactic is usually less then effective. Be aware that when they do attempt a storming they will not be effected by any traps that their merchants have seen.
*Has learned to despise the windows 7 beta within half-a-day* *It's still better then vista, though* *Wants to mod in a race of giant robots, but can't be bothered*

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 05:42:08 pm »

I hardly see how milling around at the first place they've come in allows them to even starve me out however. As long as I don't go up to bother them, they do nothing at all.

I'll try fiddling around with some of other values, removing [LARGE_PREDATOR] on my gnolls etc