Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Raptor's misc. suggestions  (Read 1250 times)

raptorfangamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Svenleton King
    • View Profile
Raptor's misc. suggestions
« on: December 27, 2011, 11:50:10 am »

Raptor's misc. suggestions

I started this topic after realizing I had some small ideas for certain details at DF, they are not really a lot, but I think they are enough to be posted on here

1. Sliding off ramps

The point of this idea is, that you get a short speed boost (momentum) when walking off ramps, being slower when going upwards a ramp (sort of climbing it), and sliding off it if you fall off (being displaced 1 urist at the ramp's direction).
Now, sliding off ramps that way can cause minor damage varying at terrain (pebbles doing some bruises or small wounds, dirt contaminants and such), but it is usually not big wounds (unless you slide for too long or the sliding terrain is glass shards or adamantine weaponry).

2. Blunt / Edge damage (spike decorations doing something, spiked maces causing minor edge damage)

This is mostly a small suggestion, which includes tracking where the decorations are (such as "the hilt menaces with plump helmet spikes" or "the head of the mace is decorated with multiple bread rings"), and a new damage roll for decorated weaponry and spiked maces, so, once they attack with the spiked part / mace head, they cause minor penetration damage before causing the blunt damage / real damage, now, certain decorations just cannot be done, such as the blade, the chains, whilst others help on attacks besides giving it a higher value (spikes on the hilt, handle or other parts that can be used to pommel or strike with).

Those are my suggestions, other ideas may come.
"Tobar, whats that on the wall?"

"That, Urist, is a reminder not to piss me off..."

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
Re: Raptor's misc. suggestions
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 01:58:30 pm »

Adding spikes to a mace it's similar to attaching a pistol to a tank, anyway decorations are suposed to be small and not interfere with combat maybe they could change the weight of the item but nothing more.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 02:01:23 pm »

2. Blunt / Edge damage (spike decorations doing something, spiked maces causing minor edge damage)

This is mostly a small suggestion, which includes tracking where the decorations are (such as "the hilt menaces with plump helmet spikes" or "the head of the mace is decorated with multiple bread rings"), and a new damage roll for decorated weaponry and spiked maces, so, once they attack with the spiked part / mace head, they cause minor penetration damage before causing the blunt damage / real damage, now, certain decorations just cannot be done, such as the blade, the chains, whilst others help on attacks besides giving it a higher value (spikes on the hilt, handle or other parts that can be used to pommel or strike with).

Morningstars a.k.a. spiked maces already do shallow edge damage.

Extra damage from decorative spikes comes up now and then:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=2984.0
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=46274.msg918149#msg918149

Locational decorations have been covered:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=27620.0

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 04:22:17 pm »

Toady is also planning to add stone trap boulders capable of being rolled down ramps.

So it could be possible in the future.