Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Extract Itemcorpse  (Read 655 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Extract Itemcorpse
« on: January 20, 2009, 11:26:47 pm »

Could anyone tell me how to set up the tag for an itemcorpse that leaves a creature extract? I am trying to create a poison elemental that will leave a puddle of its own poison when it is defeated.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
Re: Extract Itemcorpse
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 12:20:37 am »

so far i know you cant extract from big creatures now, just vermin and plants
User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 12:44:59 am »

While on a fortress map you can't, but it falls under the same premise as how civilizations can milk cows offscreen for you. I know that I saw this somewhere before, and the wiki says something about creatures as matgloss tokens with extracts, but I can't exactly remember how to set it up.

Edit: I think it is [ITEMCORPSE:EXTRACT:NO_SUBTYPE:CREATURE:POISON_ELEMENTAL] but I am not sure. As I am in the middle of a big modding project with lots of unfinished game crashing ends, could someone verify or test this please.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 12:48:54 am by i2amroy »
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 10:09:46 am »

Wouldn't you run into issues since the extract would have to be in a barrel, similar to the issues with forging sand?
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 03:26:23 pm »

Wouldn't you run into issues since the extract would have to be in a barrel, similar to the issues with forging sand?

yes but the person asking wanted a puddle anyways, so I don't see the harm.
Also - extracts are loads of FUN!
they can be modified with all the different temperature controls which makes for some fun times, since you can have it burn as hot as you want - after igniting at room temperature - without ever taking damage or boiling away. Also, it can be set to freeze anything walking on it until it fades away.

That would be rather fun to throw at someone in Adventure mode, now that I think of it.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]