Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Taiheiyou no Arashi  (Read 5775 times)

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Taiheiyou no Arashi
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2009, 09:39:59 pm »

He may have been rounding, Fenrir :P
Quote from: Ampersand
Also, Xom finds people that chug unidentified fluids pleasing.
Quote from: Servant Corps
Ignorance of magic does not give scientists the power to resist fireballs.

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Taiheiyou no Arashi
« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2009, 01:06:19 pm »

sorta but not really.  There were (past tense) mercury compounds in vaccine, but it wasn't really proven to be harmful.  (Same way sodium is explosive and chlorine is poisonous, but we need salt to live.)
Salt is not a simple mixture of sodium and chlorine. A chemical reaction must take place for those two chemicals to become sodium chloride. Injecting mercury into your veins, no matter what else is mixed with it, isn't really a good idea.
Besides, a 1 in 10000 autism rate increase is way better than a 1 in 100 death by measles, mumps or rubella...
Those figures are too even to be real.
I made the numbers up because I'm lazy, but the larger order of magnitude difference is factual.  The increased incidence of autism in the last 40 years is 1 in 1000, (which means WORST case if 0% are 'better identification' or other factors, which I doubt).  Oddly enough, I couldn't find any statistics on the mortality rates of the MMR diseases.

Read This for information

Thiomersal is also a chemical compound (that contains mercury) and not raw mercury  (They stopped using it back in '99 as a precaution anyway)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]