Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Most timid GCS ever!  (Read 720 times)

worldspawn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Most timid GCS ever!
« on: January 17, 2009, 07:07:49 pm »

I saw a GCS enter my map and I got excited at the prospect of catching it to farm GCS silk. I set up some cage traps but it naturally went around them. I sent out some dwarves to act as bait, and the spider would ignore them. I'd draft dwarves so I could order them closer to the spider without running away. Only when a dwarf was standing right next to it would it attack, and by then I can't get the dwarf to run towards the trap as he soon dies to the spider.

So I finally catch the stupid thing and cram the cage into an alcove along with a kitten, and seal it up. I open the cage using a lever and the spider......just sat there. It would occasionally wander up to the kitten, sometimes standing right on it, but it would never attack.

After a year of it just chilling with the kitten I open up the sealed alcove and recapture the GCS. I wait for a goblin siege, catch most of them and jam all of them into the alcove with the spider and seal it again. Well the goblins are milling about expecting to find a way out, and completely ignoring the spider, which is also ignoring them.

How the hell do I get this thing to shoot webs at something? It wouldn't even do it when attacking my dwarven bait!

Taritus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Most timid GCS ever!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 07:47:08 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh, sorry, I had to.  Uh, I don't think it will attack goblins since it's already killed a dwarf (or many dwarves), but kittens ought to be fair game...