Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Future professions?  (Read 1079 times)

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Future professions?
« on: January 15, 2009, 04:33:01 pm »

Whilst examining my status screen, I noticed that there are no light cyan or pink civilian dwarves. Could these colors be reserved for future dwarven professions, like priests or wizards?

I also noticed that "wizard" is listed as one of the creatures of size 7 (along with humans, elves) when creating a pressure plate.
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!

Lexender

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future professions?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 05:07:03 pm »

"Wizard" is a creature that appears in the raws under "creature_standard". Toady probably added it for future use, but it is currently not used in the game, although you can sometimes see a dwarf that "likes wizard for their wonderful beard/mysterious power".

They will probably be integrated in some way in the magic arc, though we can't really know how they will affect the game.

As for the pink and cyan dwarves, it is likely that more professions will be added later, and wizards and priests are plausible, though there could be hundreds of other professions (firefighter, doctor, suicidal team, etc.)

pushy

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 12:32:04 pm »

As for the pink and cyan dwarves, it is likely that more professions will be added later, and wizards and priests are plausible, though there could be hundreds of other professions (firefighter, doctor, suicidal team, etc.)
They're already in the game...all of your dwarves have this profession by default (and it can never be removed ;D)
Quote from: Tim Edwards, PC Gamer UK
There are three things I know about dwarves:
1. They've got beards. Even the women.
2. They're short. Especially the women.
3. They're Scottish.

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 01:11:39 pm »

Just discovered that kings are pink.
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!