Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dwarves attacking me? Mixed in with goblin ambush  (Read 2790 times)

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves attacking me? Mixed in with goblin ambush
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2009, 09:34:32 am »

Hello!

I hope you are wrong about ambushers. At least when they are visible, they are not trap-immune (otherwise my current fortress would be just some ruins by now).

I have started playing in a large world with very few civs and history till 1050 to test things about engravings, but when I checked the civ screens, I got quite a few surprises. As some of these are funny/thought-provoking and people may doubt them, I have provided some screen shots. (I resisted uploading the 22(!) screens of names for the elven civ I am in contact with (^_^;; ).

The general overview (in year 1054) looks fair enough:

The kobolds (I am always glad when they are still alive) were also fine:

And the only goblins in the world were in a distant corner without any major contact (maybe with humans), so I was more annoyed by having my 10 dwarf fortress face ambushers:

The big surprise for me came with my home civilization, the dwarves:

Yep, lots of goblin recruits there and even a local leader who is a goblin drunk. I knew dwarves conquered goblin towers, but I didn't think they integrated them into their civilization.
Besides being 22 pages long, the elven civ is not in any way interesting, and the three pages worth of the human civ also have nothing striking about them.

So, the dwarf you meet may actually be a goblin and the goblin you meet may actually be a dwarf :) :) :) :)

At least I think that it is quite amusing.

Deathworks
Pages: 1 [2]