Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Another guitar piece inspired by DF  (Read 888 times)

Hallemkz

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Another guitar piece inspired by DF
« on: January 15, 2009, 02:46:23 pm »

Hi all, and thank you all for your response on my first little composition :)
This one is a bit more musically ambitious and less like Toady's in-game music, but I hope you nonetheless will listen to it and perhaps offer your thoughts on it.

It is a work in progress, composed and recorded today by myself and a fellow guitarist. I hope you will enjoy it!

Here is the link: http://www.reverbnation.com/divguitarmusik

And it's the last one on the list called 'Down Below'.

Thank you :)

« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 02:54:59 pm by Hallemkz »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Another guitar piece inspired by DF
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 02:56:46 pm »

I like it, but the sound seems to waver a lot. It's like there are a bunch of volume changes that weren't intended. It does sort of have that "Planning out a fortress" sound to it. I could see designating mining, placing furniture and whatnot to it.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 03:26:33 pm »

This is pretty good, it can be modified a bit to be played in a loop for fortress mode, which would be nice, as sooner or later the music gets old, and there isn't much else to listen to.

MoonCabbage

• Bay Watcher
  • Robot Rock, Robot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 03:29:58 pm »

i always kind of thought the community would put together its own composed DF soundtrack sooner or later in the same vein as Toady's original composition.

this is really nice, i hope you continue your efforts bro.

Krash

• Bay Watcher
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 04:24:30 pm »

Pretty sweet

It feels a little Sim City-ish, but that's not a bad thing at all
MyLittlePonyBuiltMyHotRod, this is your first warning. I would like to direct you to read our forum's FAQ and posting guidelines before posting again. Specifically we don't use swear words here, and your picture of Stalin riding a Year3 Limited Edition Starflower inside a German concentration camp was both upsetting and historically inaccurate.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 05:14:15 pm »

As nice as all your compositions are (and they are really sweet) isnt one thread enought? Its like Masterpiece spam if you make an own thread for every new song.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2009, 06:19:38 pm »

Your musical ambition payed off. I like this one a lot more than your previous song.

It certainly does have that peace time fort building sound. And then about a minute and fifty in, it sounds like a totally different song. Still fort-building music, but a lot tenser. Maybe a smoother transition between the two?

On the whole, though, good job. With this, I now really look forward to anything else you make.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

shadow_archmagi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009, 08:08:06 pm »

Its like Masterpiece spam

Masterpiece spam: It menaces with spikes of Nigeria.
invention is every dwarf's middle name
that means that somewhere out there theres a dwarf named Urist Invention Mcinvention.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2009, 09:04:10 pm »

I like this one a lot more than the other one, and it'd be neat if we had a whole bunch of music to play end to end (possibly shuffling) instead of the same song over and over. maybe have a code to have certain songs play when under siege, tradeing, etc.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG