Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ability To Design A Site?  (Read 967 times)

The Devouring Plague

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ability To Design A Site?
« on: January 04, 2008, 10:44:00 am »

So, let's say we wanted magma + demon pits + 3 underground lakes in a 3x3 area with evil desert above and a brook, we could input it and design it how we liked.

It'd also help if we could choose where to place the starting wagon.

Silveron

• Bay Watcher
  • Arichect of Destruction
    • View Profile
Re: Ability To Design A Site?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 12:22:00 pm »

You currently can influence which biome the wagon starts in by which biome you leave highlighted on the embark screen.

As far as selecting a site with what you want... theres a utility on the wiki, Dwarf Prospector or similar that might help you out.

For designing a whole site from scratch? That could be fun for special projects and a few of the Quest Fortress variants I've seen around.

A single map square generator with a parameter set for inclusions like pits, magma, etc. Perhaps this could be tied together with the tutorial mode where we have a simpler map for demonstrating some specific aspect of game play like an aquifer or volcano.

Red Jackard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Page
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 12:56:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Silveron:
<STRONG>You currently can influence which biome the wagon starts in by which biome you leave highlighted on the embark screen.</STRONG>

Thanks a lot! I remember seeing the wagon choice pop up in the changelog, but never figured out how to use it...
My dwarves are not your dwarves.

Sithlordz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 12:07:00 pm »

This would indeed be fun.  Utter trollop in terms of realism, which seems to be a rather large goal, but if we want to just muck about, it'd be useful.
You are sentenced to 2477 consecutive life terms.  Have a nice day.