Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wound colors  (Read 1542 times)

NooklearToaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Wound colors
« on: January 09, 2009, 05:46:37 am »

Is there an easy way to change what each color represents for wounds? The color coding system in place is just fine, but unless someone has both negligible wounds and a missing limb I can't tell the two apart. I was thinking it'd make sense to change the missing limb wounds to purple since it's the same color used for death (the most extreme wound!), but have no idea where to start. Anyone feel like helping me out?

Fleeb

• Bay Watcher
  • The Fleebiest
    • View Profile
Re: Wound colors
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 11:22:38 am »

Probably hard coded.
"If you push something hard enough, it will fall over" -Fudds First Law of Opposition
"If it goes in, it must come out" -Teslicles Deviant to Fudds Law

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 11:30:55 am »

From yesterday's dev log:

01/07/2009: 895. Some more unit information for corpses, handled wound coloration and added it to init file, handled some morale and 'used to tragedy' effects, siege ammo push-through update, attacks passing through material-less layers, handled knocking back units, handled stuckins.

Hopefully that's what it means.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 01:58:40 pm »

As a quick fix, you could darken the colour used for lost limbs. Find DGRAY in the init file and drop each number until you can see a difference.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

NooklearToaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 04:21:07 am »

I was poking around and was thinking of just changing DGRAY to the values magenta uses and call it a day, but I'm really not sure what else DGRAY is used for.

I'm gonna go scour the init again, see if I can find anything odd relating to wounds.

Sinergistic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2009, 04:25:20 am »

I was poking around and was thinking of just changing DGRAY to the values magenta uses and call it a day, but I'm really not sure what else DGRAY is used for.

I'm gonna go scour the init again, see if I can find anything odd relating to wounds.

There isn't anything in there yet related to wounds, since the version that has the new init options has not been released yet.

NooklearToaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2009, 04:27:19 am »

I just took sutremaine's idea first to give it a shot, thanks for the help guys. And I totally missed the part where he said that was yesterday's dev blog, I read it wrong and thought it was in release notes somewhere.