Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Making civilians not scared of anything?  (Read 621 times)

Sinergistic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Making civilians not scared of anything?
« on: January 09, 2009, 05:02:07 am »

Is it possible to make it so civilians don't spaz out when around hostile creatures? I'm trying to make a dungeon with a bunch of tiny cells containing chains, and after I installed the first few victims residents, my dwarfs started having a hard time putting the rest in, because they kept running away from the chained up residents. I eventually put my residents back in cages and installed some doors, but I didn't plan on having to use doors (I was going to leave them all open/maybe install some bars+levers) so it looks like I'm going to have to deepen all my cells to 3x1 (from 2x1) in order to fit the door and allow the chained up resident to roam without opening the door.

I just added [NOFEAR] to my dwarfs, but I didn't notice any difference, unless a regen is necessary for that to take affect. Thoughts?

Sinergistic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Making civilians not scared of anything?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 04:54:37 pm »

I guess this isn't possible?

Im_Sparks

• Bay Watcher
  • Half man. Half machine. All messiah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 05:25:01 pm »

Erm, [NO_FEAR] tag?

If not it may just be hardcoded
Don't bump your own threads, please.(unless it's urgent or kobold camp)
Well treat me like the disease like the rats and the fleas, A-ha-ha! A-ha-ha!
Well treat me like the sea oh so salty and mean, A-ha-ha! A-ha-ha!
Let's shake hands if you want but soon both hands are gone, A-ha-ha!
Cut me down like a tree like the lumber or weeds, well discard who you please like the leaves off a tree. Drag me out of the sea and then teach me to breath. Give me forced health till I wish death on myself. Ah! Ha! Ha!
March on! March on! March on! March on! MARCH ON!

Sinergistic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 11:33:57 pm »

Erm, [NO_FEAR] tag?

If not it may just be hardcoded
Don't bump your own threads, please.(unless it's urgent or kobold camp)

I did try [NOFEAR], and they continued to run away/get scared. I've genned another world with it in from the get go, I'll see how it goes. Otherwise, I guess I'll just use cages, even though it just doesn't have the same... 'feel' to it that using chains would.

Sorry about bumping it  :-[ , but going by the time stamps there is a 16 hour gap between the OP and my second inquisitory post, I'll wait longer next time.

Thanks  ;D