Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I wanna start a fight  (Read 751 times)

Inkblot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I wanna start a fight
« on: January 19, 2009, 01:18:10 am »

I didn't check the civilization screen when I set out. The only nearby civilization is Dwarven. Does this mean goblins won't attack? My population is 90 Dwarves, and the biggest danger to my dwarves so far has been my clumsy management.
Am I destined to a future of peace? Megabeasts are few and far between. Is there a way to provoke races that are far away?
I don't want to mess with game files or anything.
They're going to bury what's left of you in a soup kettle.
-TF2

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: I wanna start a fight
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 01:19:58 am »

Be patient. The civ screen displays civilizations that have made contact with you. If humans, elves, goblins, and kobolds don't show up in your second year, then they probably never will.

EDIT: D'oh! I should have read your post better. Those other civilizations will probably never come.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 01:23:37 am by Jim Groovester »
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Inkblot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 01:30:49 am »

FFFF
How disappointing. All that time preparing a halfway decent military, and they'll never see any real action. Oh well. What if I was cruel to the Dwarven traders? No way I could piss off the Dwarves enough, is there?
Wait, I posted on the wrong board. My bad.
They're going to bury what's left of you in a soup kettle.
-TF2

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 01:41:44 am »

Unfortunately, no. There is no way to piss off the dwarves. You're stuck with whatever hostile wildlife is on the map. Begin the war against the groundhog menace!
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Marlowe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 05:02:00 am »

Just a note: It is very possible for humans to not turn up until the third year. They are keyed to your exported goods. If you don't trade away more than 1000 dwarfbucks to other civs (dwarves or elves) by the second summer, the humans won't make it until year three.

EvilCheerio

• Bay Watcher
  • Whats Candlejack doing h
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 03:32:44 pm »

There is only one solution to you lack of combat for your fighters, it involves lots of cage traps and an arena to fight in. Monsters vs dwarves who will win. Maybe someday you can even get a dragon
Delicious wine biscuits
 A real dwarf can survive on meals consisting of Wine, beer, and more wine.