Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: No Trade - What did i do?  (Read 1172 times)

TigerPlushie

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_DRAMA]
    • View Profile
Re: No Trade - What did i do?
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2009, 02:11:28 pm »

Yes, i have read that before... That's why i didn't change it in the first place. i read that here: http://dwarf.lendemaindeveille.com/index.php/Entity_tokens

it might be obsolete. anways. building fortress now. waiting for winter in sheer excitement
Dwarf cancelled making adamantium short sword: Strange mood.
Dwarf has entered a marital trance!
Dwarf has claimed a bedroom.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2009, 02:13:01 pm »

1. I gave them their animals back.
I think this is the reason. Traders need animals to haul goods so caravans may be unavaliable without beasts of burden avaliable.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2009, 04:56:13 pm »

2. i read that only one civ beside the dwarves can visit once per season, so i removed winter at the kobolds and goblins

That is incorrect, you can have as many races active in a season as you wish. Including traders. My mod has tons of races, and I've never noticed any problems with overlap. The trade depot can handle any number of traders at once and I've seen thieves, raiding parties and sieges from multiple civs all at once. It can get pretty chaotic!

sieges and thieves have nothing to do with the season, i have kobold thieves and snatchers all year around and goblin sieges one or even two every season except in winter
User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."

TigerPlushie

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_DRAMA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2009, 05:13:39 pm »

Well, the first winter is over and i had no caravan here yet, but i am sure theyll come. anyways. i have seen screenshots with full detailed informations about engravings, when the shown event happened, with whom etc... may i ask what the tag is, where it is located and if i can continue my save game without regening?
Dwarf cancelled making adamantium short sword: Strange mood.
Dwarf has entered a marital trance!
Dwarf has claimed a bedroom.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2009, 05:25:53 pm »

2. i read that only one civ beside the dwarves can visit once per season, so i removed winter at the kobolds and goblins

That is incorrect, you can have as many races active in a season as you wish. Including traders. My mod has tons of races, and I've never noticed any problems with overlap. The trade depot can handle any number of traders at once and I've seen thieves, raiding parties and sieges from multiple civs all at once. It can get pretty chaotic!

sieges and thieves have nothing to do with the season, i have kobold thieves and snatchers all year around and goblin sieges one or even two every season except in winter

I'm pretty sure they do. As far as the raws go, both goblins and kobolds have all 4 seasons set as active. If you restricted them to one season they should only try thieving or attacking in that season. At least, that's how it used to work. At one point I had my Frost Giants only ever siege during winter.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 [2]