Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: I can't decide what to do with this  (Read 6248 times)

NooklearToaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I can't decide what to do with this
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2008, 05:51:10 pm »

carve a game of Space Invaders into the side of the mountain, with a depiction of shooting upwards through your own shield.

This, for sheer what-the-fuckery.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2009, 12:37:40 am »

Oooh yeah, then have water spurt out the eye sockets whenever you lose a dorf.

GENIUS! pressure plate in tomb entrance
Problem: Urist McDwarf stores item in tomb.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2009, 01:13:07 am »

carve a game of Space Invaders into the side of the mountain, with a depiction of shooting upwards through your own shield.

and if possible have the the invaders shoot lava or water and somehow have the spaceship shoot upwards

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2009, 01:14:59 am »

I'm going to say you have to make the initial Mario game. The one with the girders and ladders, where DK kidnaps peach and throws those barels. Yeeeeaaaahhhhh.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2009, 04:24:37 pm »

make two layers, collapse the first one which shows the beggining of the game to show the second one which shows mid game after he made the floors crooked and barrels are rolling down.

remember save scum for more projects.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2009, 11:55:10 pm »

make two layers, collapse the first one which shows the beggining of the game to show the second one which shows mid game after he made the floors crooked and barrels are rolling down.

remember save scum for more projects.

Dude, if he has enough layers, he could play a frame by frame game of mario that way.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2009, 03:40:52 am »

yep

Sinergistic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2009, 06:32:58 pm »

Wow, this thread took off, lots of crazy ideas. Quick note: I do have a river and magma. Lots of magma. Like 100 zlevels of the stuff.

I see several people want the save, and I guess I can post it, but I would have to figure out all the things I modded. Pretty sure it's just three entries in the reaction standard + the reaction file that turns all stone economic + I messed with a couple other entries (cats, maybe?) + the cat fix.

I'll make a fresh copy of DF and see what I need to do to get it working, but it will be a couple days before I can do that, as I'm not going to be home very much until the 5th/6th.

I hadn't thought of using floodgates... I wonder if they attach to the side of a wall?

The crying dwarf is mega awesome as well :P kudos for thinking that up.

Space Invaders... I wonder if I could combine this with the floodgate idea... awesome! Except, do the gates show up in 3Dwarf? How about the 'new' version, lifevis or whatever?

Volfram

• Bay Watcher
  • hate you all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2009, 02:01:18 am »

Constructions outside of the b->C menu do not appear in 3Dwarf.  I believe Lifevis currently will display any objects it doesn't have models for as blue cubes, but it is capable of displaying any and all constructions, as far as I know.
Andir and Roxorius "should" die.

Yes, actually, I am trying to get myself banned.  I wish Toady would quit working on this worthless piece of junk and go back to teaching math.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2009, 02:16:45 am »

@Sinergistic.

Just upload the whole folder.

Murphy

• Bay Watcher
  • Lazy half-ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2009, 04:32:51 am »

Quote from: Eagle
Or just cut it in half, then set up two self sufficent warrior nations. It'd be better if you could have your dwarfs fight one another on command though.
You can always "populate" one side with caged goblins and build a complex system that would eventually release them into the fray after your champions approach the cliff face. It would be like a huge "two-towers-head-to-head" arena. It's not that interesting though, because it doesn't make extensive use of these high cliffs' awesomeness.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2009, 12:45:36 pm »

Quote from: Eagle
Or just cut it in half, then set up two self sufficent warrior nations. It'd be better if you could have your dwarfs fight one another on command though.
You can always "populate" one side with caged goblins and build a complex system that would eventually release them into the fray after your champions approach the cliff face. It would be like a huge "two-towers-head-to-head" arena. It's not that interesting though, because it doesn't make extensive use of these high cliffs' awesomeness.

Unless you had both cliffs linked by a complex series of bridges, on which the fighting could happen; then you'd have dwarfs throwing goblins down tens of zlevels to splatter on the ground.

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware those who would keep knowledge from you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2009, 05:18:12 am »

I'd like to second the antfarm fortress.
For they would be your masters.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]