Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The First Legion  (Read 760 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
The First Legion
« on: January 28, 2009, 10:51:36 am »

The War Of Disinbowlment started in 221.It began as a small conflict but grew until the Humans and Dwarves joined up.Then the Elves were losing,but then they joined with the Goblin hordes and the Werewolves they formed the alliance know as the Bloodoak Axis.The allaince of Dwarves and Humans was know as the Warmetal Unoin.These two groups waged a long and bloody war for the region Known back then as the Fertile Hill whci was a isthmus in the north.
  The conflict started when the Dwarves built a very rich mine there.The Elves then found the Golden tree in that region (The golden tree is like the god of the Elves.) and proclaimed it "Holy".Then the elves noticed the settlement of helmmetal.The Elves attacked and devoured the dwarves there.That ignited the flames of war.The Dwarves and the Humans marched in and retailated for the lose of profit by cutting the Golden Tree down and burning it.The Warmetal Unoin was forged in the flame of the Golden Tree.The Elves then marched on the capital of the unoin but were decimated.The Unoin the founded the Four Legions,Highly trained warroirs ready to die for the Unoin.The Fourth Legion where spearmen who disobeyed orders and marched on the capital of the Elves but where slaughtered by a horde of goblins that the Elves hired.Soon all the Hordes of the long vanqished goblin clan Ogombas where under the flag of the Bloodoak,the goblins had the same hunger for revenge that the Elves had.Then the Elves recruited the Werewolf clan Yukolit.The Bloodoak finnaly was finished and the Warmetal Unoin fought hard but lost the 3rd Legion in the battle for the Hill Volcur and the 2nd legion perished when they held the Bloodoaks at the ford of the river Redrun.The first legion was all that was left.But they knew they would perish soon but the only question that they would ask Fate is how many Bloodoaks they would take down with them.

[OOC:This is  a community adventure game that will evolve into a fortress game.Post your bios please.]
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 12:21:10 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The First Legion
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 12:04:10 pm »

Strife.
Long-time fighter and agressive nationalist.

Find a spot with terrain advantage, and KILL THEM ALL!
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Lemnx

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding Cheese
    • View Profile
    • Lem_Nx
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 04:01:04 pm »

Make the answer to that question "ALL OF THEM!"

Very interesting background story, good-job.
..."I bumped Nist Akath and all I got was this lousy T-shirt"...

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 10:34:35 pm »

The local miltia wacthed the red cloaked strangers walk from the wilderness slowly to the mead hall.They group finnaly was at the door of the Mead hall when the Elite swordsman Opened the door and had a blade held to one of the strangers necks."Remove your cloak or die." Said the Swordsman."Fine but if you dont mind can you put that sword down a bit your cutting my beard." said the Dwarf."Oh sorry freind but I thought you where a greenskin." said the swordsman as he lowered the blade.The Dwarf removed his cloak revealing his blood red beard.He looked at the blade and saw the mark of the Gaint Eagle."What happened to Swiftblade?" the Dwarf asked."Died of having too many arrows in his back and too many swords in his chest.When he died he passed the blade on to me,for im his only living heir.Who asks?" said the human."My name in the common toungue is Zuglar Boarrage and I helped install your father as Lord  and this is my squad." said the Dwarf."You and your squad are welcome to rest here as long as you want...as long as you kill Errith the sketel gaint.Oh and if you kill them ill let you have as much mead and beer and ratweed as you want." said the Human."We'll do that,but you also got to show me your fathers grave." Said Boarrage as he pulled a pipe out of his pocket and stuck it in his mouth and lit it up."Fine.His cave is to the north.Go and bring me back his head and ill honor your requests." Responded the human in a fearful voice.The Red Squad started marching north their Towercap pipes in their mouths and a trail of smoke trailed behind them as they marched north to the cave of the sketel gaint.The very same cave where they would fight the most bloodiest battle of the age and enter into a peroid of perfecton known as the Great Awaking.

A exercept from the historical book, Redclan by Erith Bloodiron
...the red clan unfortunetly dwindled to a very small amount.The Redclan lord-before the Great Awaking- didnt have a homemountian and also-very sadly- he was dieing of infectoin.His grandson Boarrage,son of Dragonblood,was the only hope for the dieing Redclan...
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 10:58:09 pm by filiusenox »

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 12:59:35 pm »

Flint looked at the +<<*Alder idol*>>+ as he sled it into his satchel and caught up with the rest of the squad."Hey we should be leading a siege into the damn hippies capital.Instead of fighting a gaint that any onehanded human could kill." Said Flint with anger in his voice."Flint,you heard our orders we supposed to see if that Human is a tratior to the union." said Boarrage his voice calm,"and if he thinks were freinds of his he might let slip something while we drink." he said ending the conversation as the cave slid into view.As Boarrage walked into the entrance he pulled out his mace.The sunlight glineted off the dyed end of the head.His men walked behind him they also pulled red dyed maces from their belts.Then they heard the loud voice ring out."I AM ERITH RIPBACK SLAUGHTER OF MEN AND EATER OF DWARVES.THIS CAVE SHALL BE YOUR TOMB!" then Erith lunged at the group useing his ripped rib bone and started stabbing at the group of macedwarves cackling insaneley as he did so even though his brain was long ago rotten.But without even trying the macedwaves smashed its skull in and ripped off its legs and then just walked to the surface still talking and messing around. They went back to town and then sat down in the mead hall drinking and smoking.

The Elite Swordsman walked to the corner of the bar where the Dwarves were eating and drinking."Hey dwarves you want to go kill some elves? Im sending some of my men north to kill some and burn down one of their citys and I want you to go with them im sure you want to kill some." said the Elite Swordsman beaming.
A few days later the Dwarves rushed into the clearing of the Elven Forest retreat ready to kill a few Elves and burn it down but the humans werent there and all but Flint and Boarrage were alive after the elves attacked.Boarrage crawled out of the Forest Retreat with flint flanking him.His Left eye was ripped out and his right leg was twisted at a wrong angle.They rested in the woods Boarrage healed but every time they looked north anger glinted in his eyes.Soon they marched south again he walked into the City of glowclinched his hand on his mace,his anger brewing with the flames of The Bloodwrath He rushed into the mead hall and rushed to the Elite Swordsman.He his the human in the left arm with his mace crippling it then used his gloved hand to backhand him with the hilt of his mace.He The ripped the sword from the Humans hilt and slid it through his throat.Then in the same motion he pulled a piece of paper from the humans pocket and threw it to the guard the guard cuaght it and looked at it.His eyes showed his shock.He put the halbard down and red the letter aloud,"Send the steel weapons to the cave and we'll send you the gold ore. and this is written in elvish." the group of people wanting to kill the dwarf died down.They alll agreed that Boarrage was a hero him and his freind Flint

And so ends the story of the Red Sqaud and the Tratior so starts the story of the outpost Defensemount.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 02:35:25 pm by filiusenox »