Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wounded, thirsty dwarves need not die.  (Read 649 times)

Gork

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Wounded, thirsty dwarves need not die.
« on: January 02, 2009, 06:19:25 pm »

In my fortress, I'm facing the problem of dwarves who have a broken fingernail dying of utter dehydration, leaving nothing of their charred corpses but dry bones. I believe we should be able to give the poor saps some liquid, even if it isn't the usual booze. Maybe you could crush some fruits to get juice or something?

Edit: I'm referring to a fortress where water is unavailable due to periodic evaporation.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 06:45:13 pm by Gork »

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wounded, thirsty dwarves need not die.
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 07:32:01 pm »

Remove beds. All of them. Not sure if beds owned by dwarves need to but you get the idea

If there's nowhere to rest and they only have minor injuries in parts other than legs, they'll go drink booze like the rest of them. They might pass out and annoy you with error messages but it cuts down deaths quite a bit

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 10:22:58 pm »

I've always hated the mandatory bedrest.

Especially when the last of my dwarves are all injured with some a broken finger or two, and waste away in bed because there's noone to bring them food and water.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 08:42:09 am »

Yeah... Wounds make little sense right now... I would think if they became really thirsty they would just do it themselves (and possibly complicate the injury... but then again... I always try to have a dedicated medic... then again.. I think feeding the sick is a hauling task in part...)