Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: So eh, yeah! embarrassment ensues!  (Read 3137 times)

mattyb3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So eh, yeah! embarrassment ensues!
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2008, 03:34:35 pm »

As for equipping weapons etc, there is a slightly weird way of doing it.

Basically, if you drop the weapon/item your already holding on the ground, then drop the weapon/item you want to hold on the ground as well, then pick it up, you automatically equip it. It's annoying, but you get the hang of it eventually.

Oh and i find cyclops are much harder than giants to fight, they always annihilate me, normally after breaking all my bones :(
I supose if a dwarf is unhappy or hurt they might have a miscarriage. Perhaps we could experiment a bit.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2008, 03:40:15 pm »

oh yeah, can you still equip multiple weapons? Or is that fixed yet.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2008, 03:47:03 pm »

As for equipping weapons etc, there is a slightly weird way of doing it.

Basically, if you drop the weapon/item your already holding on the ground, then drop the weapon/item you want to hold on the ground as well, then pick it up, you automatically equip it. It's annoying, but you get the hang of it eventually.

Oh and i find cyclops are much harder than giants to fight, they always annihilate me, normally after breaking all my bones :(

Yeah, after getting more famous, I returned to the area with a frickin' army following me around. I found that damn Cyclops and we all piled on him and we killed him good! Best part? i scored the killing blow so i got the credit for killing the damn thing!

I did what you said, and after fighting some more things, i'm finally up to dabbling Swordspixie! thanks a bunch.

I find that it's a good strategy to throw things at enemies until they fall unconscious, then run up and and hack it to bits with my sword.

I still can't find that King, i found a temple though, where apparently i became worshipper of Lecit the rapidity of youth or something.

I hope that future version allow me to ask for the specific locations of people in power.

EDIT: Hey! i found the King, He was an Elite Bowpixie hanging out on the second floor of his castle. Got a quest from him and everything.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 05:36:29 pm by chaoticjosh »

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2009, 08:40:29 am »

if you dont do a play now character, you can give them points aka embarking in fort mode, and if they have a high weapon, armor and shield use, they start with basic weapons shield and armor. you also get a backpack and a waterskin, which is great.

also, my first guy i couldnt figure out either how to equip things or drop or hold stuff. so i ran around beating wolves to death with a pig tail shoe i prised off the food of an unconscious diplomat who landed next to his exploded wagon and horses, all of which spawned really high in the air and landed right in front of me.

remember you can fill a waterskin at rivers and temples. drink and food and stuff is important. and you have temperature off, so at least you wont freeze to death overnight like i did.

also, fear anything which has a bow or crossbow. and make a fort with some cool stuff in it. like giant adamantium discs for throwing. i likes my thrown giant serrated adamantium discs...

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2009, 02:17:48 pm »

I find that it's a good strategy to throw things at enemies until they fall unconscious, then run up and and hack it to bits with my sword.

Effective, but you get little or no experience for putting unconscious enemies to the sword.  To increase weapons skills, you need to hit things that can fight back.  You can get wrestling experience for strangling them, though.
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.
Pages: 1 [2]