Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Island of hope (community fortress)  (Read 2135 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: Island of hope (community fortress)
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2009, 01:08:57 am »

I'll take the first peasant, fish dissector, or other worthless immigrant that shows up.

Name: Generic Speardwarf #5
Profession: Speardwarf

It had been many months since he had escaped from Tarmidsholil Ezar, but Unit GS5 still dreamt of the horrors of his old barracks. Each day, he would wake up to the sound of crossbowfire and explosions, and every evening, he fell asleep with a spear in his forehead. For years on end, he had sparred meaninglessly, preparing for the invasion of the elflands.

Fortunately, on the 3rd of Felsite, he had been knocked unconscious by the hammerer and thrown outside. It didn't seem too great at the time, but the blow knocked out his memories and previous identity like slugmen under a whale. Untrained, (or so he thought) unarmed, and oblivious, he spent weeks beating up carp and elephants with a stick. He then wandered into a fortress that looked promising!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2009, 03:32:35 pm »

4th Granite, 302

"It's been a while since I've wrote in this journal. The caravan had come back for us- only to lack the supplies needed to carry us home. They traded us all of the supplies they could, and left. I had seen pebbles of obsidian in the forest, so I had Beit explore for it. There was a magma vent underground! The geothermal heat is what allows the trees to grow. The geological record is coming along nicely, though I fear are stay here may be prolonged. Splenda's lower body injuries have healed, but his left arm is still broken, I expect it to get fixed up in a few seasons.

We received a wave of immigrants, from the mountain-homes to fortify our position. We barely had enough food to survive the winter. One of the new recruits, an aspiring speardwarf, had nearly lost an arm to a sparring session with Affy. Affy's axe arm is strong enough to chop through chainmail! I will allow the recruits to train amongst themselves before training with Affy. our forges are up, and I got Beit to make some traps, in case another werewolf shows up.

We have the beginnings of a fortress set up, a haven of warmth. An island of hope.
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2009, 05:32:08 pm »

We received a wave of immigrants

Am I one of them?!?

The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Splendiferous

• Bay Watcher
  • Psychotic. Primate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2009, 05:32:21 pm »

well, at least i got to dig a well before I was torn to pieces by the local fauna.
"He returns once every thousand years! Or if the stars align! Or whenever he's bored."

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2009, 07:49:55 pm »

I'm only going to update once a year. I'm in the fall, so two seasons until update. Bottom lines so far:

Captain Affy is badass. He obliterated a blizzardman in one hit.

Splenda got better.

Shourke is a legendary metalcrafter, who made a spiked iron ring.
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2009, 08:38:28 pm »

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2009, 09:08:58 pm »

Yes. The other speardwarf god slowly and painfully ripped to pieces by a blizzard man. Which got utterly owned by Affy. It only took one swing to kill it.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2009, 10:03:21 pm »

What kind of creatures are all out there? Blizzardmen, Werewolves and LAND CARP?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2009, 10:43:47 pm »

No land carp, just hellephants. JK.

Here's a treat for you. It should sum up these past events pretty well.

http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-4370-slingdragons

"This is the start of our third year, the liason told us of our true reason for  coming here. There is a goblin settlement to the west, and this is an ideal place to intercept their armies. Oh joy.

After learning of this, I appointed two milkers to take up siege engineering and operating. No goblin will get past us.

We heard more screams that night. Unob, a speardwarf was on patrol while his partner was in bed resting his wounds from a sparring match with Captain Affy. Affy, of course, bolted outside.

Affy found Unob's corpse. It looked like it had been slowly and painfully ripped to pieces... By ice. A terrible creature, the incarnation of all that is vile in the tundra, a blizzard man, lumbered forth. With one deft swing of his axe, Affy sliced the creature in two. I've never seen a dwarf with such strength, that is the stuff of legends!"

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2009, 07:54:04 pm »

bumpasaurus!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2009, 07:51:18 pm »

So... this one dead?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Splendiferous

• Bay Watcher
  • Psychotic. Primate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2009, 01:32:31 pm »

I think so.
"He returns once every thousand years! Or if the stars align! Or whenever he's bored."
Pages: 1 [2]