Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A quick question regarding 40d>fuzz<  (Read 1375 times)

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
Re: A quick question regarding 40d>fuzz<
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2009, 07:16:22 am »

Make caves and the underground more interesting (Core91)
Ya think Toady'll actually call this one finished? It seems to be a topic some people never get tired of discussing.

Nah, probably not. The UD topic is huge, lot of things have been suggested there, I am pretty sure that "only" a couple of suggestions will get implemented in the next version. I guess that Toady will add new underground features in the upcoming years, however don't forget that DF will turn into a grand tactical/strategy game meanwhile. [Overland army action, diplomacy etc, etc..]

corvvs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A quick question regarding 40d>fuzz<
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2009, 02:07:39 am »

Make caves and the underground more interesting (Core91)
Ya think Toady'll actually call this one finished? It seems to be a topic some people never get tired of discussing.

Nah, probably not. The UD topic is huge, lot of things have been suggested there, I am pretty sure that "only" a couple of suggestions will get implemented in the next version. I guess that Toady will add new underground features in the upcoming years, however don't forget that DF will turn into a grand tactical/strategy game meanwhile. [Overland army action, diplomacy etc, etc..]

Well, I also think Toady and Threetoe have multiple types of UD already planned out and each taking up one item on the list. At least, I figure that's why "Hidden Fun Stuff -- no game is complete without it!" is on the list seven or eight times; because there's multiple layers of UD planned but they don't want us to know what they are and spoil the surprise. :)

So this version's UD may be enough to finish one of those items.
Pages: 1 [2]