Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Becoming a legendary...  (Read 3253 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Becoming a legendary...
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2009, 12:30:16 pm »

If you Sneak, while crouching, while in a water (assuming you can swim) you increase your swimming skill like CRAZY!

Though... you really need to make sure you can not only get out... but that you can swim ahead of time.

lol101

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2009, 05:19:05 pm »

My strategy has always been to turn on sneaking first.  Walk as many steps as it takes to find some stones on the ground.  Turn off sneaking, start the get-throw macro (g-a-space-t-e-enter-space).  Walk away for 20 minutes.

That will generally get you legendary thrower and your first group of stat gains.  It will also be about the time you get thirsty.  Travel 1 step, and start sneaking as soon as you enter the location.  Now you just step back and forth with a macro (4-6).  You will have to do this a few times to get legendary at sneaking.

can you please upload the script? since  I have absolutely no idea how to make one

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2009, 03:17:04 pm »

You could always try stealing someone's clothes and then throwing them at them.  If only due to the mental image this provokes.

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2009, 06:23:16 pm »

Nice glove you got there. I want it.

Wha- why? Hey! Give that back!

The spinning -rope reed glove- strikes Urist in the head!
His brain is bruised!
His left eye was blackened!
His right eye was blackened!

Kate Wissen

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Engineer
    • View Profile
    • http://katewissen.blogspot.com/
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2009, 08:48:06 pm »

Personally I do some intensive adventurer training before entering into any heavy combat.

First you start out with throwing. Easy enough just drop what you currently minus your backpack.
Pick up a ton of rocks, then throw, you can throw them on the same square you are on and it will train. This goes kind of slowly, but it builds you up, and its a nice skill to have. If you start getting tired you just have to take a break by picking up more stones or you can pick up your stuff and Travel.

Then I find a small pond that wont freeze or dry up and I set myself to sneak and then start swimming. This racks up the points on both. When you get tired just Travel and then start again. By the time you're done you will be swimming faster than you walk.

This is all well and good, but you won't get much combat skill from this. So after I'm ready I find a good river and start chasing down some fish. Carp, sturgeon, trout, what have you. This will also skill you up fairly quickly. Just keep chasing down the horde of fish swimming away from you.

Every so often this can end badly. You might lose an eye, but most likely not your life. And so far using this training regimen I have yet to lose an adventurer except to one unfortunate mishap with cold weather.
Check out my current Community Fortress LostPages.

One day I hope to create the Monkey Torture Chamber of Doom!

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2009, 09:11:27 am »

I found myself a nice and lazy way to train throwing.

I grab sand untill the next object I would pick up would show up in the throw menu all the way at the bottom of the first list. Then, I grab a stack of coins, hold t and enter, and read a book or something untill my guy is a legendary coin dropper thrower.

Amusingly you dont even have to steal the coins or trade them, you can just do it all in the shop and the shopkeeper wont find it odd at all.

The same works with crossbows and bows, only there you hold f and enter.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!
Pages: 1 [2]