Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: World Gen Weirdness  (Read 706 times)

Doomduckie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
World Gen Weirdness
« on: December 29, 2008, 04:35:36 pm »

I'm not sure if this is the right place (bug reports? dwarf mode?) but during worldgen and in legends mode I've seen lots of inexplicable stuff.

I haven't played since 2D, so is this a feature and not a bug?

1) I saw a Dwarven Forest Retreat. What? Dwarves? In Trees. This can't be. I can't find it in the legends mode, but I saw it during worldgen.

2) I saw a town with goblinoid members that dwarves started settling in yet goblins kept setting too, and later even humans. I looked really hard for a war wherein somehow they integrated, but the log was buried in people gaining professions, giants stealing earings, etc.

3) A demon gained the worship of goblins and led their town- a bunch of dwarves attacked him and killed him. Immediately after, he gained the worship of a bajillion humans, dwarves, and goblins. While dead. I know deifying someone as a martyr can happen, but seriously, what's up with that?

Are these all supposed to happen? I want to embark from a civ full of dwarves and fight the neighbouring goblins, not trade with them because they're members of my civ, and I don't want any of my dwarves worshipping some Goblin Demon God. That's just undwarfly.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World Gen Weirdness
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 05:08:24 pm »

It's a feature.

Which I HOPE gets fixed in the future! *yelling at Toady*

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 05:14:39 pm »

Yeah it's the worldgen. Some of the events are quite nonsensical but also funny in the same time... :D

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 05:34:38 pm »

I'm not sure if this is the right place (bug reports? dwarf mode?) but during worldgen and in legends mode I've seen lots of inexplicable stuff.

I haven't played since 2D, so is this a feature and not a bug?

1) I saw a Dwarven Forest Retreat. What? Dwarves? In Trees. This can't be. I can't find it in the legends mode, but I saw it during worldgen.

2) I saw a town with goblinoid members that dwarves started settling in yet goblins kept setting too, and later even humans. I looked really hard for a war wherein somehow they integrated, but the log was buried in people gaining professions, giants stealing earings, etc.

3) A demon gained the worship of goblins and led their town- a bunch of dwarves attacked him and killed him. Immediately after, he gained the worship of a bajillion humans, dwarves, and goblins. While dead. I know deifying someone as a martyr can happen, but seriously, what's up with that?

Are these all supposed to happen? I want to embark from a civ full of dwarves and fight the neighbouring goblins, not trade with them because they're members of my civ, and I don't want any of my dwarves worshipping some Goblin Demon God. That's just undwarfly.

1) maybe the dwarfs conquered some elves, but then the retreat got destroyed from goblins?
i often see dwarf retreats in and after worldgen if the dwarfs are or were at war with the pointy eared pests

2) goblin towns take slaves, and snatch children and raise them in goblin terms. you can pretty often see a dark tower or town with not a single goblin but under control of them, also you will most likely see lots of ambushs/sieges lead by masterful warrior elves/dwarfs raised by the goblins

3) does the goblins maybe besieged something in the same year and got controll of it? maybe they forced to worship their martyr lord
User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."

Archaeologist

• Bay Watcher
  • Predator Angrinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 06:31:58 pm »

You think your world is weird?  I've got Dark Elves.  8 of them fought off an army of 300+ and killed a 1/3 of them.

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008, 06:58:10 pm »

>insert 300 reference here<
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch