Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Waterbarrels  (Read 3038 times)

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: Waterbarrels
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2008, 10:23:07 pm »

But an adventurer can get sufficient drink from 1 serving of water from a bucket (or rather, water skin)
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2008, 02:26:06 pm »

ok then we see it from the other side:
a bucket is 1/7 water, a barrel should hold about 5 buckets of water... so 5/7 or 50 units, ;p
User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2008, 07:30:11 pm »

yeah, calculate it like beer?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2008, 10:13:58 pm »

the thing is just a barrel should hold 5 units of drink, but can also be used to create a pool and stuff

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2008, 12:02:17 am »

the thing is just a barrel should hold 5 units of drink, but can also be used to create a pool and stuff
What?  Have you seen the kind of barrels that they use at bars?  They can easily hold far more than five glasses worth of drink.  It's not like it takes more water to satisfy one's thirst than it does beer.  Heck, beer is water diluted with alcohol and some other stuff, pretty much, so you get more from drinking a glass of water than a glass of beer.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2008, 12:13:04 am »

yeah... but barrel mechanics is wierd.
unless you want a "barrel filler" class?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2008, 06:53:40 am »

What?  Have you seen the kind of barrels that they use at bars?  They can easily hold far more than five glasses worth of drink.  It's not like it takes more water to satisfy one's thirst than it does beer.  Heck, beer is water diluted with alcohol and some other stuff, pretty much, so you get more from drinking a glass of water than a glass of beer.

but again in fortress mode they drink a whole stack of 10 water from a bucket. and this is the base idea of the amount i got, so it would be easy mechaisms

Savok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2008, 11:08:52 am »

...but, dwarves (and humans and elves and goblins and etc) only need a few drinks a year, so they must drink a pretty large amount each time.
So sayeth the Wiki Loremaster!

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2008, 11:32:22 am »

...but, dwarves (and humans and elves and goblins and etc) only need a few drinks a year, so they must drink a pretty large amount each time.
But you can fit 25 serving of booze in a barrel, so you should be able to fit 25 servings of water in a barrel.
Just so I remember

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2008, 02:29:20 pm »

But you can fit 25 serving of booze in a barrel, so you should be able to fit 25 servings of water in a barrel.

25? are you sure, last time i only saw 5 :>

TettyNullus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2008, 05:37:58 pm »

25? are you sure, last time i only saw 5 :>

Assuming plant stacks to 5, brewing gives 5x stack, and in some cases with fertilization one can get 11 plants, do the math. (Though IIRC it's acknowledged that the mechanism's broken, since it just basically forces a entire stack into one barrel, as opposed to normal 10 serving per barrel for everything else )

ed: assuming legendary farmers, that is, can get plant stack of 5 or 6, and I seem to recall off top of my head that fertilization does 1.5 or 2 times output.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 05:39:43 pm by TettyNullus »

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2008, 12:11:37 am »

but again in fortress mode they drink a whole stack of 10 water from a bucket. and this is the base idea of the amount i got, so it would be easy mechaisms

If you check the bucket in a well, it turns 1 out of 7 of the water in the tile below it into 10 water in the bucket, then dwarves drink 1 water from the bucket per drink till it's empty then they refill it. 7/7 water is enough for 70 drinks, not 7.

When they get water in a bucket for wounded dwarves, it does use all 10 up, though, which I assume is either a bug or they just spill the rest out or give them a sponge bath or something.

IMHO barrels should hold 50 units of water (and thus take 5/7 to fill), it's a nice round number and it's less then a whole tile's worth of water because obviously the barrel does not fill the whole tile. FWIW barrels can hold at least 40 units of alcohol because you can get 8+ plants with fertilizer which all go into one barrel so it's not stretching too much from what we already have.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!
Pages: 1 [2]