Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Swap colors for masterpeice buildings  (Read 1665 times)

Mechanoid

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTELLIGENT]
    • View Profile
Swap colors for masterpeice buildings
« on: August 26, 2007, 08:05:00 pm »

Swapping the foreground /background color for engavings and architecturally-designed buildings that are masterpeices would aid in the prevention of their destruction.

For example, the player creates a grey stone bridge, and it's quality is masterpeice level. However, it looks like any other bridge. So, i suggest that the colors swap from grey text /black background, to black text /grey background.
This way, when the player is removing bridges, he doesn't accidentally piss off the creator by removing his masterpeice.

Quote from: Max White
"Have all the steel you want!", says Toady, "It won't save your ass this time!"

Tamren

• Bay Watcher
  • Two dreams away
    • View Profile
Re: Swap colors for masterpeice buildings
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 08:28:00 pm »

a warning box would be nice as well. Once you know the menus you tend to speed through them.
Fear not the insane man. For who are you to say he does not percieve the true reality?

Savok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 11:16:00 pm »

I thought that unconstructing masterpiece buildings didn't cause tantrums?
So sayeth the Wiki Loremaster!

Tamren

• Bay Watcher
  • Two dreams away
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 01:11:00 am »

afaik the only loss of masterpiece items that do not enrage the maker are food, booze, and missile ammo.

Makes sense seeing as the demolished bridge gets broken up into pieces and all quality is lost.

Fear not the insane man. For who are you to say he does not percieve the true reality?

Haedrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 04:35:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Tamren:
<STRONG>afaik the only loss of masterpiece items that do not enrage the maker are food, booze, </STRONG>

If they rot they enrage the maker.

When life gives you kittens, make biscuits

Likes llamas for their long necks

Savok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 10:27:00 am »

I have tested. Destroying masterpiece wood furnaces doesn't cause tantrums, and I think that applies to all buildings.

mickel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007, 01:09:00 pm »

Neither the quality of the material nor craftsmanship seems to have any effect on workshops and furnaces. I wonder if this is good. Wouldn't it be more pleasant to work in a well built and designed workshop that's made in colours and materials that you like?
I>What happens in Nefekvucar stays in Nefekvucar.

Savok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2007, 06:19:00 pm »

If a building has any value, it is admired.
Anything made out of raw stone (value=0) has no value.
Therefore, no building made out of raw stone is admired.

Try using stone blocks instead.

Krash

• Bay Watcher
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2007, 05:56:00 am »

quote:
afaik the only loss of masterpiece items that do not enrage the maker are food, booze

Unless they are destroyed by a cave-in.  Happened to me once.  My legendary brewer/cook had a fit and beat a pet half to death before slapping around my legendary mason, just because his neat cuisine got squished by a few tons of rock.  The sheriff had to explain to him with his axe why proper behavior is preferable in the fortress.

MyLittlePonyBuiltMyHotRod, this is your first warning. I would like to direct you to read our forum's FAQ and posting guidelines before posting again. Specifically we don't use swear words here, and your picture of Stalin riding a Year3 Limited Edition Starflower inside a German concentration camp was both upsetting and historically inaccurate.

Tamren

• Bay Watcher
  • Two dreams away
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2007, 02:12:00 pm »

Yeah, what i meant to say was if the masterwork is lost because of its intended use, ie killing stuff, being eaten. then there is no problem.

You would think that "wearing it until it needs replacing" would be normal use when it comes to clothing but no!