Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Titan Aspsa Asmbaabo Sūttu Ngustrek has come...  (Read 1122 times)

Daniel Charms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Titan Aspsa Asmbaabo Sūttu Ngustrek has come...
« on: January 04, 2009, 12:38:05 pm »

...except she doesn't seem to be quite well:

I was really disappointed to see this titan injured - I was hoping for an epic fight between her and my champions, but it was not to be. She was just too slow (and too dizzy) to be more than a minor nuisance to them. So I sent in a squad of crossbowdwarves who used her as a practice target, turning her into a pincushion before she died. Despite passing out constantly, she still managed to move an impressive ten squares from the edge of the map before dying.

After the battle was over, I loaded an earlier save of the same region in a separate folder, to find out what her story was. Apparently, she had lost her entire left arm 60 years before. She had attacked two humans, one of whom (a female farmer) ripped her arm off. Despite her awful condition (apparently, a titan's wounds take forever to heal), she still managed to kill 10 historical creatures in the last 60 years of her life. Impressive, eh?

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
Re: The Titan Aspsa Asmbaabo Sūttu Ngustrek has come...
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 12:45:04 pm »

Impressive? Tell me about it... Talk about elves one-shoting demon lords and eating the huge corpse alone.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 03:06:53 pm »

Worldgen injuries have a nasty tendency of removing limbs instead of breaking them. You can find children ripping off heads from seasoned warriors

Should be slightly better in the next version with scarring removing the pain. She will be a lesser threat without the arm but at least she'll stay conscious

magic dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 08:23:48 pm »

I had a dragon (plus or minus a few limbs) come to my fort, I sent out all my military and the first nooby marksdwarf to get there takes him out without getting injured. [ANTICLIMACTIC]

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 01:36:26 am »

Yeah. Dragon minus right front claw = three casualties leading her to the cage-trap corridor (once the two seasons had passed and she got close enough- the unconsciousness was rather much), only to ha'e her not sur'i'e e'en one stone falling on her.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 11:47:51 am »

Impressive? Tell me about it... Talk about elves one-shoting demon lords and eating the huge corpse alone.

That's nothing compared to my newbie speardwarf who killed a dragon alone without being injured.  :P