Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Sophisticated Gentledwarves Mod 1.1  (Read 2157 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: Sophisticated Gentledwarves Mod 1.1
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2008, 03:35:00 pm »

Last time I looked, Britain still existed sir, so the term "post-British" seems needlessly ludicrous. And I have absolutely not a smidgeon of a clue which other race you might be referring to.
The lad wrote 'posh', good sir, 'posh'. As in 'playing DF is posh'.
Unless that was a cleverly concealed sarcasm. In which case, I totally fell for it, mate.
[this thread has been officially taken over by a bunch of wannabe gentledwarves. And that's absolutely dog's bollocks.]

Can you mod the mood descriptions? You totally need to change 'he was miserable' to 'he was mildly annoyed', 'he was ecstatic' to 'he felt a tidbit more frisky lately' etc.

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2008, 03:37:18 pm »

Last time I looked, Britain still existed sir, so the term "post-British" seems needlessly ludicrous. And I have absolutely not a smidgeon of a clue which other race you might be referring to.
Unless that was a cleverly concealed sarcasm. In which case, I totally fell for it, mate.
[this thread has been officially taken over by a bunch of wannabe gentledwarves. And that's absolutely dog's bollocks.]

Can you mod the mood descriptions? You totally need to change 'he was miserable' to 'he was mildly annoyed', 'he was ecstatic' to 'he felt a tidbit more frisky lately' etc.

Far as I know those are hardcoded.

However, you CAN change the racial attitude sensibilites of dwarves to increase your percentage of sensible dwarves.
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2008, 05:22:26 pm »

Far as I know those are hardcoded.

However, you CAN change the racial attitude sensibilites of dwarves to increase your percentage of sensible dwarves.
Insofar as dwarves can be sensible.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Skynet 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • Rogue AI
    • View Profile
Re: Sophistication Gentlydwarves Mod
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2008, 06:05:19 pm »

I wonder if this modification for gentrification would warrant the introduction of rifles. They are, after all, the most civilized of weapons, and have an aesthetic that only a true gentleman can admire.

Nay, my good sir, the noble pistol is the only weapon a true gentleman needs. How else, pray tell me, shall our fine citizens settle their disputes than with a pistol duel at dawn?

DJ_Muffinman

• Bay Watcher
  • Awwwww...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2008, 11:34:50 pm »

I say, an interesting idea would be to edit the raw files in such a way that all entities with a Noble "tag: (for lack of a better word) to have their blood color changed to BLUE.
Ha. Ha ha ha.
Indeed. *puff puff*
Kill a Bear

Live to Brag
Pages: 1 [2]