Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Uppity commoners  (Read 1364 times)

Archaeologist

• Bay Watcher
  • Predator Angrinator
    • View Profile
Re: Uppity commoners
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2008, 06:39:15 pm »

Nobles really piss me off.  They're just so useless.

Don't you understand, I don't want a Duke or a Baron to show up.  Sure one of them is fine, but then the wife shows up, and the tax collector, and the Hammerer, and even the King eventually.

I don't mind going out of my way for just one or two nobles, but it's an utter hassle to provide lodgings and offices and tombs for all of them.

It gets worse when one of them acts like an idiot and wanders outside, only to be gunned down by Crossbowmen attacking the fort.   

I end up deliberately never creating a royal guard or captain of the guard because I got so sick of all the punishments that crippled my last fort.

MuonDecay

• Bay Watcher
  • Say hello to my little μ
    • View Profile
Re: Uppity commoners
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2008, 10:01:24 pm »

I really don't mind providing them with lodgings. By the time they arrive you likely have a surplus of labor that easily exceeds any export production needs you may have... so it's just an excuse to train your workers and give them some jobs to do.

What irritates me about the accumulation of nobles is you suddenly have a multitude of new people who can make mandates and demands, and you'll often have more than one of them issuing demands all at once.

It's easy to miss their demands among the spam of "xxx has altered the price for certain goods", too.
Pages: 1 [2]