Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Can't properly choke things to death.  (Read 4305 times)

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
Re: Can't properly choke things to death.
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2009, 03:55:41 pm »

But making them dye slowly is half the fun!
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2009, 03:56:59 pm »

But making them dye slowly is half the fun!
Indeed. You cannot make a wolf a proper shade of orange unless you let them sit in the dye for long periods of time.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2009, 04:01:00 pm »

That'll be funny. "Urist McAsphyxiaFetish has turned blue!"
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Mikko

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2009, 07:34:08 am »

perhaps 2 minutes... which is JUST long enough to knock them out... but people tend to survive that

I do taekwondo. 7 seconds is enough to knock 'em out if you block the blood from brain.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 07:38:50 am by Mikko »

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2009, 09:32:51 am »

perhaps 2 minutes... which is JUST long enough to knock them out... but people tend to survive that

I do taekwondo. 7 seconds is enough to knock 'em out if you block the blood from brain.

I do Krav maga. One second is enough to make them give up.

Your point being? You cannot choke something to death in 7 seconds. Hell you can't even make somebody faint from having no blood circulation for 7 seconds. Must be somebody VERY weak. Ever heard about how they train astronauts and pilots? The blood LITERALLY leaves their brain. Yet they stay awake quite some time.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

bamorrow

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McMason has been feeling clever lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2009, 06:04:28 pm »

The other point, is that if you continue to "choke" (squeeze/crush) you gain more wrestle skill.  The suffocation choking of applying the choke, giving it a squeeze, and then wait ...

well, let's try a shift of perspective.

Those aren't enemies.  Those are OPPORTUNITIES for SELF IMPROVEMENT, and you ought to make the most of each OPPORTUNITY.

While your OPPORTUNITY is standing up, strike them with a weapon.  When you enemy refuses to get back up, commence any of the following:

Firing your ranged weapon at them.
Applying random wrestling, or precise wrestling, whichever makes the most sense considering the circumstances.
Throw things (at the enemy, or anything you like really)

This way, each OPPORTUNITY delivers the most SELF IMPROVEMENT.  After all, it's not like anyone really rewards you for success.  Sure, they might talk about you or what you did when you ask about the surroundings, but do you really get anything from that either?  No one gives you presents.  No shopping discount.  A champion?  Champions get presents.  You?  No presents.
KAlSi3O8

AdvancedBen2E

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2009, 07:41:09 pm »

Look my point was that it is more then possible to kill someone by choking someone for reasons other then oxygen deprivation.

In fact I wonder how common it is.

Anyone know how common it is for strangle victums to in fact die of a injury to the neck instead of suffication? (with exception to the injury causing suffication)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 07:59:18 pm by Neonivek »

GenericOverusedName

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2009, 10:24:13 pm »

I don't have any personal experience with strangulation, but if you manage to kill someone by grappling their neck without causing oxygen loss to the brain via crushed windpipe or blocked blood vessels... you've snapped their spinal cord. And you'd need one hell of a grip to break a neck with a strangle-hold.

Astus Ater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2009, 08:30:33 am »

I don't have any personal experience with strangulation, but if you manage to kill someone by grappling their neck without causing oxygen loss to the brain via crushed windpipe or blocked blood vessels... you've snapped their spinal cord. And you'd need one hell of a grip to break a neck with a strangle-hold.

Then again, we can already throw water hard enough to completely destroy the throat, so why not?
Legendary Liar:  "I just stabbed you and you died.  Sorry."
Victim:  "Well, if you say so." *thud*

bamorrow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2009, 01:51:14 am »

Legendary Lands mod features a creature called Chaos Spawn that will ambush you occasionally.  As it turns out since it has the following tags:
Code: [Select]
[NOSTUN][NONAUSEA][NOPAIN][NOBLEED][NOEXERT]it's actually vulnerable to suffocation from choking, but not the usual bleed effect from strangulation. 
KAlSi3O8

AdvancedBen2E

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2009, 03:34:08 pm »

Because it doesn't bleed!
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

bamorrow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2009, 03:11:10 am »

doh.  I completely failed to mention that Chaos Spawn, in the spirit of chaos related things, are actually several different types of creatures with different bodies and body parts.  The one that I encountered for the above circumstances was one that featured fire breath.  The next one I ran into actually didn't have a throat.  Or a head.  Thankfully, no fire breath also, but I was confounded for a moment as I went through the wrestling list looking for a throat to strangle until it finally occurred to me that there wasn't one available.
KAlSi3O8

AdvancedBen2E

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2009, 05:56:33 pm »

I think the reason things die even if they don't bleed to repeated strangle attacks might have to do with the throat being damaged past mangled. So it could be actually severing the throat, sorta like that one scene in Rambo 4.

Hmm... We need a TEAR OUT THROAT wrestling option for ultra mighty and highers...
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.
Pages: 1 [2]