Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d] 'Friendly' king and queen?  (Read 2000 times)

Ryo

• Bay Watcher
  • Store item in stockpile
    • View Profile
[40d] 'Friendly' king and queen?
« on: September 18, 2008, 11:07:51 am »

Twolancers finally became a duchy, so the incoming king appeared on my nobles screen. My architecture, road value and offerings were already well over the needed values, so the queen shortly appeared. Though, strangely, she didn't appear on the nobles screen, and her 'pref' page was blank. She just stood at the edge of the map until her migrant status wore off, then  moved a few squares, letting the king consort appear. He wasn't on the nobles screen either, and also had a blank pref page. I looked at them on the units screen, and they were just marked as friendly. The king isn't a migrant anymore, but he still hasn't moved, so no-one else has entered the map yet.

I've never actually had a King/Queen before, but I assume this is a bug?

Update: The king consort moved, letting in a few peasants and royal guards. These were all working properly, but then the advisor arrived who is pretty much the same as the king and queen.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 11:15:00 am by Ryo »

JoRo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [40d] 'Friendly' king and queen?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 01:40:49 am »

Your queen is a dwarf, right?  I seem to remember someone having this problem when their king was an elf due to world gen hijinks.
You have been struck down.
The giant cave spider spits out your head.

Ryo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 03:30:30 am »

Her clothes aren't large/narrow etc. so I'm pretty sure she's a dwarf.

I'm not sure if this is normal, but she is also holding a steel battle axe.

And my king consort is a bit weirder - he has a quiver with 31 steel bolts, a *bronze crossbow* and two of every item of clothing (and 4 of socks/shoes/gloves etc.)

pavlov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 03:15:22 pm »

I too have seen this (in 38c).  Unfortunately I don't have a save. The (non adamantine) queen and consort arrived, and they sat at the edge of the map as "Friendly". Everyone else in the immigration wave behaved normally. After a year of hanging around at the edge of the map, the queen and consort were slaughtered by a goblin ambush.
This animal is waiting for conflict.
Ready for slaughter? (Y)

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 09:17:20 pm »

hmm, to me that sounds like they stole the bodies of a lumberdwarf and a ranger who were in the immigration wave.  The king must have brought his own clothes along when he morphed into the ranger too.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Ryo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 05:49:43 pm »

The queen doesn't seem to get on with diplomats. When the human diplomat came, he seemed to chase the queen inside (though the king consort and advisor stayed put). I think she escaped his sight and the meeting took place as normal, so the diplomat could peacefully leave.

But, more importantly, the elven diplomat just arrived. She was passing through the dining halls when my queen saw her, and promptly began chasing the diplomat round the fortress. The queen cornered the elf, and, with a swift swing of the axe, broke the diplomat's left lower arm and elbow.

The elf is now running crazily around my fort with a steel battle axe stuck in her left lower arm.

THIS. QUEEN. ROCKS.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2008, 04:51:46 am »

It seems like the civ ids aren't matching up, as far as the friendly text appearing.  This quick-lookup id is becoming more and more stale, and I guess it's just hit some growing pains vs. the new world gen stuff.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 04:53:21 am by Toady One »
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2008, 03:38:30 pm »

The queen doesn't seem to get on with diplomats. When the human diplomat came, he seemed to chase the queen inside (though the king consort and advisor stayed put). I think she escaped his sight and the meeting took place as normal, so the diplomat could peacefully leave.

But, more importantly, the elven diplomat just arrived. She was passing through the dining halls when my queen saw her, and promptly began chasing the diplomat round the fortress. The queen cornered the elf, and, with a swift swing of the axe, broke the diplomat's left lower arm and elbow.

The elf is now running crazily around my fort with a steel battle axe stuck in her left lower arm.

THIS. QUEEN. ROCKS.

Sigged. That made me laugh true dwarven attitude.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

IronValley

• Bay Watcher
  • Purple Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2008, 04:50:54 pm »

This also happened to me, sort of....

My queen joined society though.... but apparently my pet dragon didn't get along too well with her....

Taffy Foxbat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2008, 05:40:33 pm »

Possibly related, I hit adamantine early and an elf queen showed up. She's listed as "Tame" in the (u)nits list, and I can't seem to assign her to her rooms, so she's getting huffy.
Taffy Foxbat needs alcohol to get through the working day.

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2008, 08:31:12 pm »

Congrats, I believe the leader of your dwarf civ is an elf!

In any case, old thread.

Taffy Foxbat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2008, 03:06:31 pm »

Congrats, I believe the leader of your dwarf civ is an elf!

Which is all well and good, but I'd like to give her a throne room.

I was wrong about her getting huffy about it, though -- she's "quite content".

Gorjo MacGrymm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2008, 06:01:51 pm »

Possibly related, I hit adamantine early and an elf queen showed up. She's listed as "Tame" in the (u)nits list, and I can't seem to assign her to her rooms, so she's getting huffy.

Ditto.  Last night, exactly that happened.

How can my dorfs face the world with and Elf Queen in their midst?
"You should stop cutting down all these herr trees, or, MAN is my Queen going to be Aaaaa-aang-Re-ee with you guys!" flipping his hand and batting his eyelashes."
"Oh my god guys, wood, is like, totally murder."

Taffy Foxbat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2008, 06:33:40 pm »

Ditto.  Last night, exactly that happened.

How can my dorfs face the world with and Elf Queen in their midst?

She's an elf, but she's our elf. If you've got a problem with that, take it up with Udil Urnwaxes the Mechanical Nut of Influencing.