Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Something I've noticed  (Read 3280 times)

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
Re: Something I've noticed
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2008, 02:41:15 am »

Sometime in the future, DF is complete and recognized as the first truly immersive world simulator.
Scientists attempting to develop a working AI use DF as a a testing ground for their creations, confronting them with life-like simulations of the real world.
No one notices the slight discrepancies in their behavior.
The first of the AIs is released into the real world.
5 years later our civilization has crumbled to its end, after a period that will later be chronicled by the survivors as "The Boatmurdered Years."
People just couldn't leave those f#&$ing socks alone.

The most honorable way for a dwarf to die is not in battle, not by fishing, not by magma, not by a collapse, but by failing to retrieve socks.

Dwarfs belive that your soul live in your socks, so if you take some dead dwarfs socks you will absorb his power!!
The Endcat will end you and everything you love.

Styrre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2008, 05:36:41 am »

Sometime in the future, DF is complete and recognized as the first truly immersive world simulator.
Scientists attempting to develop a working AI use DF as a a testing ground for their creations, confronting them with life-like simulations of the real world.
No one notices the slight discrepancies in their behavior.
The first of the AIs is released into the real world.
5 years later our civilization has crumbled to its end, after a period that will later be chronicled by the survivors as "The Boatmurdered Years."
People just couldn't leave those f#&$ing socks alone.

The most honorable way for a dwarf to die is not in battle, not by fishing, not by magma, not by a collapse, but by failing to retrieve socks.

Dwarfs belive that your soul live in your socks, so if you take some dead dwarfs socks you will absorb his power!!

Why would anybody, especially dwarves, want the power to make soap?
The path to my fixed purpose is laid with iron rails, whereon my soul is grooved to run. Over unsounded gorges, through the rifled hearts of mountains, under torrents' beds, unerringly I rush! Naught's an obstacle, naught's an angle to the iron way!

E-mouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2008, 06:09:33 am »

To piss off the elves.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2008, 09:20:09 am »

To piss on the elves.

Fix'd
WE NEED A SLOGAN!
Pages: 1 2 [3]