Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d] Zombie breeding  (Read 1029 times)

makute

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[40d] Zombie breeding
« on: December 13, 2008, 11:56:48 am »

My only starting horse just gave birth, and the only horses I've seen are Zombie Horses that roam a near evil forest.

May I throw the foals to the nearest chasm/lava pool?

Also, do mules breed in DF?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 11:59:16 am by makute »

Taritus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [40d] Zombie breeding
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 12:00:59 pm »

Have you had any merchants?  If any of them bring horses as pack beasts they can and probably will sporulate and get your mare pregnant.

Mules don't mate.  They have some tag, which I can't recall right now, that makes them unable to reproduce.  Might make them genderless too, but I can't remember.

makute

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 12:17:52 pm »

The merchants was my first thought. I had two caravans: the elves brought mules, and I can't recall what the dorf caravan brought, but I think was muskoxes.

If mules can't breed, then, zombies can't breed too.

Thanks.

Edit:

Would be nice if mares could get "impregnated" from donkeys and breed mules if there are no male horses available.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 12:26:42 pm by makute »

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 12:29:25 pm »

Have you had any merchants?  If any of them bring horses as pack beasts they can and probably will sporulate and get your mare pregnant.

Mules don't mate.  They have some tag, which I can't recall right now, that makes them unable to reproduce.  Might make them genderless too, but I can't remember.

Actually mules just don't have child tags, so you'll never find a young mule either.
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.

King Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 05:03:20 pm »

Mules are half horse and half donkey, they are sterile from birth, so nope, no making more of them.

As to the mysterious giving birth animals, yeah, like its been said, merchant pack animals can get your beloved pets up the duff.