Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Creating items!  (Read 549 times)

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Creating items!
« on: December 09, 2008, 05:44:59 pm »

Is there any way to use Dtil or just plain mod the raws in non-regen ways that I could create all three types of dwarven cloth? My multi legendary, extremely social planter has gone fey and his only demand left is a thing of cloth. I absolutely cannot let him die, hence why I'm resorting to modding. All of my populus is already unhappy over a siege that went bad for us, and if this guy dies its the frosting on the cake, all hell shalt break looseth. I'm open to any ideas that don't need new programs installed, dtil is the only one that doesn't get froggy with my computer. Any ideas will be appreciated, even the ones about purposefully killing him (only if they're funny, and no I won't actually kill him).
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
Re: Creating items!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 05:47:38 pm »

You can mod a smelter reaction to create cloth without an outside utility.

Remember that you cannot add a smelter reaction to the raw without generating a new world, but you can edit an existing one - smelting bismuth bronze for example- and change that to generating cloth out of thin air.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 05:49:47 pm »

And if I ever were to need bizmuth bronze for a mandate, could I change it right on back?

Erom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 08:44:15 pm »

Yep.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 08:50:11 pm »

Sweeeettt... thanks Erom and flaming pinwheel-arms guy (Sorry, but every time I try to look at your name the avatar just captivates my interests too much)