Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New worshop: Penal workshop  (Read 4387 times)

Bricktop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New worshop: Penal workshop
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2007, 10:41:00 am »

I deffinetaly think that it would be good if you could use all those Goblins that you capture as Slave Labour. They could do jobs like making Stone Blacks and Smelting/Wood Burning. I mean, it'd give you something to do with them other than set them on your soldiers.

Maybe one of the Nobles could enable 'Enslavement' options, such as the ability to turn Prisoners into Slaves and then things such as whether or not these slaves will be allowed to slepp/drink/eat... after all, no point wasting food on these Goblins. Just get as much work out of them while they live *evil grin*

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2007, 11:36:00 am »

My prisoners work.  They smooth and engrave their cells.

A long chain would be cool.  What if an option for a chain was "Link up extension"?  If you had a chain two units long, I'm sure you could get dwarves to work a workshop.  I don't think they should get happy thoughts from it, of course.  But I think it's pretty balanced.  You need a hauler bringing materials in range of the dwarf, and probably one removing materials as well.  One slip, and pow!  Hauler's in the hospital, and chain-gang-mauler gets another year added on.

He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

Mookie Love

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2007, 01:57:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Nil Eyeglazed:
<STRONG>My prisoners work.  They smooth and engrave their cells.

A long chain would be cool.  What if an option for a chain was "Link up extension"?  If you had a chain two units long, I'm sure you could get dwarves to work a workshop.  I don't think they should get happy thoughts from it, of course.  But I think it's pretty balanced.  You need a hauler bringing materials in range of the dwarf, and probably one removing materials as well.  One slip, and pow!  Hauler's in the hospital, and chain-gang-mauler gets another year added on.</STRONG>

I like that idea the best, I think. Because it can be used for other things than just prisoners. Giving the wardogs an extra tile or so would give us quite a few more opportunities for defense plans.

And, I have an amusing thought concerning the first comment.
When I was young, I went to juvie once, and the one thing I remember most was how my cell was COVERED ceiling-to-floor with the names and dates of previous occupants. So now I'm imagining a dwarf with a sharp piece of metal engraving "Urist wuz here `84"

jellyman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2007, 02:48:00 am »

I'm sure the kobolds and goblins would be keen to put all those dwarves they capture to appropriate use.

Thallone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2007, 11:55:00 am »

I can see chain gangs being used to clear rock from the fortress, settle ores in the right places, harves fields, all under the watchful gaze of a hammerer.

mickel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2007, 03:03:00 pm »

Of course, leaving a dwarf chained up and unattended in a smithy will probably get interesting.

For now, dwarves have restrained themselves to misdemeanors, being drunken and disorderly mostly, or just rampaging mad. What would happen if a psychotic murderer of a dwarf got locked up in a smithy with a big stack of iron bars?

Hmm...

I>What happens in Nefekvucar stays in Nefekvucar.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2007, 12:43:00 am »

Heh.  Two problems with that.

Chaining a dwarf to a workshop and having others provide him with food, drink, and raw material would not be punishment.

And two, if it was punishment, you are putting the dwarf in a dedicated room filled with tools.  The dwarf will figure something out.

Pages: 1 [2]