Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarves fill food stockpile after forbidding its contents  (Read 914 times)

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarves fill food stockpile after forbidding its contents
« on: December 07, 2008, 10:46:11 pm »

I had a food stockpile with six barrels of booze, taking from my main booze pile.  A fire imp showed up near it, so I just forbade everything to avoid accidents while I formed a well-armored posse.

Upon my forbidding the barrels, my woodcutter helpfully went to put a new barrel on the stockpile.  Hilarity ensued.

My claim: a food stockpile tile with a forbidden food item on it should not count as being empty.

I am being precise to say food here only because this is the only time I've seen the problem. Probably you could apply the principle to all types of stockpiles.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves fill food stockpile after forbidding its contents
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 04:46:49 pm »

....easier quantum stockpiles?

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 03:36:23 am »

Okay I'll note it down.  Were the barrels previously claimed by the stockpile with the little number or however it looks?  Did that claim remain there after you forbid the barrels?
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 04:58:43 pm »

Just my two cents, Have no idea how this game really works  ;D

Maybe barrel was forbidden but food wasnt?

Veroule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 04:57:41 am »

This works with bins too.  Forbidding a bin or barrel claimed by a stockpile removes that claim.
"Please, spare us additional torture; and just euthanise yourselves."
Delivered by Tim Curry of Clue as a parody of the lead ass from American Idol in the show Psych.

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 12:13:01 am »

Okay I'll note it down.  Were the barrels previously claimed by the stockpile with the little number or however it looks?  Did that claim remain there after you forbid the barrels?
The little number in angle brackets was indeed there before; after, I can't remember.  I know that forbidding an empty barrel with angle brackets wipes out the angle brackets even if the barrel is on its stockpile (I use that all the time in young forts to reallocate empty barrels and bins, but I never before tracked what happens as the dwarves move stuff around to adjust).