Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2 questions  (Read 1078 times)

catoblepas

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes catoblepi for their haunting moos
    • View Profile
2 questions
« on: December 19, 2008, 08:12:50 pm »

I have two questions, if anyone can help me figure out what I'm doing wrong, I'd appreciate it.

1) I want my playable faction to be able to butcher the bodies of dead foes, but so far, they seem pretty adverse to the idea, here's their ethics:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

2) I want the MACE skill to be used exclusively for wands for all factions, so I gave all of the factions this: [MACEMAN_NAME:mage:mages]. However, mace lords are still called mace lords, and using [MACELORD_NAME:arch mage:arch mages] or [MACE_LORD_NAME:arch mage:arch mages] seems to just give errors. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
Re: 2 questions
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 08:30:32 pm »

I'm not sure about the first one.  I think workers will only butcher the bodies of creatures killed under certain circumstances, or something like that.  Butchering and eating the bodies of fallen invaders in fortress mode seems to be tricky.

As for the second question, we can't change the name for any profession that doesn't end in 'man' yet.  This should change with the next version.  Sorry.
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.

catoblepas

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes catoblepi for their haunting moos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 08:38:09 pm »

Ah, mind if I ask one more follow up question? What circumstances have to be met before your minions will chow down on fallen foes? traps don't seem to do it, and after my last siege, there were corpses everywhere from combat as well, but no-one would butcher the bodies, instead they just gave me 'needs unrotten butcherable nearby object' message.

Never mind, I figured it out.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 12:35:49 am by catoblepas »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 11:03:58 pm »

So, is there any way to get a race to butcher invaders in fortress mode? Or are the children of captured invaders your only option as far as that goes?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One