Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Flooded Fortress?  (Read 1115 times)

Plank of Wood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Flooded Fortress?
« on: December 23, 2008, 09:25:28 am »

On the Gaming Steve forum, we're doing a succession game. The fort is next to the sea and is in a suprisingly calm terrifying swamp. While I'm waiting for Celdur to finish his turn, I've been playing adventure mode exploring the ruins of the fort. Apart from a giant that decided to move into the deeper chambers, the fort seemed pretty safe.

I then went down to the noble's tombs to see what they were like, including "My" tomb (Captian of the Guard). Then, suddenly, water EVERYWHERE! It's 6/7 deep down there! We didn't have any major pumping operations, but the place is SOAKING! Not to mention the fact that I was being nibbled to death by herring (Which it was supprisingly tempting to mod in treemen and attack them with a herring corpse), how in the name of hell did this happen?!

Anyway, I escaped and the giant came out of no-where and obliterated me, apparently the flood is so bad that any further attempts to go into the fortress is met with catastrophicly low fps.

Awesome.
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
They're like little bearded corals.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Flooded Fortress?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 10:04:54 am »

Aquifer, perhaps?

Plank of Wood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 10:07:04 am »

Nope, we've dug all the way to the bottom without hitting an aquifier, We've hit some damp patches, but nothing too bad.
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
They're like little bearded corals.

TheDiabolix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2008, 08:35:09 am »

Digging near the ocean and then coming back with an adventurer or reclaiming floods anything on the same level or below the sea.

Veroule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2008, 06:45:11 pm »

You most definitely should capture a few herring corpses to attack the trees with.  It would be just a little bit of peril to kill them.

King Tekkud: It is far too perilous.
Nun: And after the spankings...
Sir Urist: Please sire, maybe just a little bit of peril.
"Please, spare us additional torture; and just euthanise yourselves."
Delivered by Tim Curry of Clue as a parody of the lead ass from American Idol in the show Psych.